Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,532 times

Advertisements

vrexy, would you mind sharing your realtor recommention? There are so many to choose from. My husband and I are planning a trip down to MB 4/20 and would like to view several houses that we found on the internet. thank you for your comments.

Ready to buy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,857 times
I am happy to share. Will send you a PM with info.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,878,550 times
Being unaware of what your situation is (I don't see any mention of kids etc), it is hard to recommend a place for someone else to live. This July will be our 6th anniversary here in Pawleys Island & love it.

Upsides: beautiful area... beach, creek, and river are great. The area has all the basics & do not need to travel far for most shopping. Doctors/medical are not too far. We have found the people very nice & friendly. Far enough from Myrtle Beach to avoid the majority of tourists & related traffic... but close enough for entertainment. We have had warm beach days as early as March & as late as November (that's 9 months!). Real estate taxes are a fraction of what we paid up north.

Downsides: If you want big shopping you must go to Myrtle Beach or Charleston. Grocery etc a little more expensive than other bigger markets. Traffic on Hwy 17 has increased since we've moved here (but it is still nothing compared to NY). Parking at the beach is bad on weekends. Employment is limited & salaries are pretty low.

The real estate market in Pawleys has suffered the same decline/correction that the rest of the country has experienced. Most of the people who move here are from the north east & mid-west, so until those markets pick up the market here will lag behind. However, I think the value of the homes here have not decreased as sharply as many other areas in SC have. Pawleys is still considered an upscale area & is certainly not depressed. Homes are selling but the smaller homes are selling better than some of the gigantic ones that were being built more than 5 years ago.

Litchfield is a great choice... let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
Default Updated to 2015

Hello,
It's now 2015 and I am hoping to find out how it's going for those who have moved down to Pawley's Island/Litchfield Beach/ Murrells Inlet to retire. We are heading down for a week in September to have a serious look around in anticipation of doing the same thing. We love the beach, my husband loves to garden and golf and our children are grown. I would love to hear from people who are further along in this process. We currently live in Maryland.
Thanks!

Old 08-10-2015, 07:18 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,707 times
I retired in July 2009 from the State of NJ. Same month we closed on our townhouse in Murrells Inlet. Still happy with everything about the home, commmunity and the area after 6 years.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:31 PM

538 posts, read 1,008,679 times
Chalk another one up for living in Murrells Inlet. Love it here....don't miss NY one bit.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 AM

161 posts, read 330,487 times
Tropiholic - where in Maryland are you?

We came from there

Old 08-23-2015, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,461 times
we are thinking of moving to SC and have spent some time there. We like the MI area because its close to the bars and restaurants, but farther from the beach. We would like the best of both worlds, any suggestions?

Old 08-25-2015, 04:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
KavH, we live in Frederick, Maryland, we'll be down your way shortly to have a good look around. Sorry that I didn't see your message sooner.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:52 AM

161 posts, read 330,487 times
Tropiholic - we came from Frederick!
Lived there for over 20 years before moving here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area