Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,525,587 times

Advertisements

this is a small town on the border of NC/SC about 40 minutes from conway, which is where i'm about to go to school. however, i need to have an NC address so i'm trying to get as close to SC as possible. TC is the only city i see like this.

i need to rent a trailer, apartment or cheap house for like less than 500 a month, but am having NO luck finding rentals online. does anyone who even lives near the area know anything about it? are there apartment complexes there? do you know of a site that has rentals? everywhere i go the houses are for sale only, and craigslist no one ever answers the ad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,030,529 times
Try Calabash, NC...right over the border from Little River, SC.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM

89 posts, read 252,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
this is a small town on the border of NC/SC about 40 minutes from conway, which is where i'm about to go to school. however, i need to have an NC address so i'm trying to get as close to SC as possible. TC is the only city i see like this.

i need to rent a trailer, apartment or cheap house for like less than 500 a month, but am having NO luck finding rentals online. does anyone who even lives near the area know anything about it? are there apartment complexes there? do you know of a site that has rentals? everywhere i go the houses are for sale only, and craigslist no one ever answers the ad.

you are going to school in Tabor City or Conway? I am sorry...I wasn't sure which you meant...if you mean Conway...Tabor City is the closest "town"....it is in the country..you may try the Wilmington newspaper or Whiteville newspaper for listed rentals.....

Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,525,587 times
whoops sorry it was unclear...going to school in conway, south carolina and live in tabor city, north carolina. tabor city is the closest town in NC to conway, sc. shortest amount of time to drive there anyways. feels like wilmington is too far though thats the problem...tabor city is kinda in the middle of nowhere...haha

edit: and i will try calabash actually, but from what i remember that seems to be a very expensive city for some reason. it might make more sense though cause i'd have school in the morning and 501 traffic into myrtle SUCKS but going away from myrtle prolly aint too bad

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,030,529 times
Calabash is a "resort" community, from what I've seen....but it is still "rural"...you may find something affordable in or around that area. It is right beside SC....good luck on your search!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:30 AM

89 posts, read 252,374 times
Calabash is not convenient to Conway....Tabor City is the closest NC town to Conway...but you can try Calabash...I work there and live in North Myrtle Beach...you can find something inexpensive probably...it isn't any more expensive than other areas...a mix of rentals really...now Wilmington would be much too far for you....over one hour drive one way....best of luck....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area