Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 31,242 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! Forgive me if a couple of these are repeat questions from threads past. I have been through a bunch of past threads and still have yet to find any answers specific to my questions.
I am 30 and my mom and I are both looking to relocate to the Myrtle Beach area from Buffalo, NY. We are planning on being roommates for a while when we first move down, so we can both get on our feet and acclimated to the area.
My questions are: Can anyone recommend and area that isn't too expensive to rent and is fairly close to a beach? Do most land lords do credit checks?
How bad is the tourist traffic in any area that you recommend (not that it matters that much, but I am curious)?

Also, I am currently a student who works full time in a group home for people with disabilities, and my mother does the same as a Home Health Aide. Does anyone know of any direct care agencies in the area where we may be able to find jobs in our current field? Thanks for any info in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
b tween 1st @ 20th ave N is the cheapest way to find somewhere but u will also b near aggervation w traffic during season till oct..There are ways around traffic as u will learn once here

Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 AM

62 posts, read 125,702 times
Hi,

If you go to monster dot com you will find some CNA positions, I would hope they would hire folks with experience. Check it out and see.

As far as the traffic, I came in July and sat for a bit in traffic, it wasn't that bad, I guess compared to Boston or NYC?!

I would think that any landlord or agency would run a credit check. Oddly they did this when I purchased my condo! No idea why tho?! I bought it outright no mortage-very strange indeed. So I figure they must do this for everyone??

Best wishes to you & your mom!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metabliss View Post
Hello everyone! Forgive me if a couple of these are repeat questions from threads past. I have been through a bunch of past threads and still have yet to find any answers specific to my questions.
I am 30 and my mom and I are both looking to relocate to the Myrtle Beach area from Buffalo, NY. We are planning on being roommates for a while when we first move down, so we can both get on our feet and acclimated to the area.
My questions are: Can anyone recommend and area that isn't too expensive to rent and is fairly close to a beach? Do most land lords do credit checks?
How bad is the tourist traffic in any area that you recommend (not that it matters that much, but I am curious)?

Also, I am currently a student who works full time in a group home for people with disabilities, and my mother does the same as a Home Health Aide. Does anyone know of any direct care agencies in the area where we may be able to find jobs in our current field? Thanks for any info in advance
You can try Cape Landing it is on 17 bypass. From what I understand they do a check credit but if it is bad they just add a fee that you would pay upfront. They go from $560.00 for a one bedroom and from about $650 to $750 or so for a two bedroom. A pet is allowed with a certain fee.
Living close to the beach will cost you so much more but the ride to the beach from this location wouldn't be very long at all.
The medical field should be up and running I'll try to look up some names for you.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times
A few of the local connections for a job in you field:

CaregiverSSC.com an Horry Country based home health care. This is out of Conway which is the next town over from Myrtle and not a far drive.

Indeed.com also has listings, and from what I could see they have up to 28 for health care related jobs here in Myrtle Beach.

homehealthcareagencies.com/directory/SC/myrtle-beach/

These are just a few that you might try. Please DM me if you need any more.

Best of luck with your move and be sure to let me know if you need additional information.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,683 times
I have a good friend who works for this company:

Elderly Homecare & Non-Medical Home Health Care - Home Instead Senior Care

I don't know if they are hiring or not, but it's worth a call.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 PM

10 posts, read 14,726 times
There is not much work here, Seems the contators whtether it be be landscaping, concrete, roofing, ect... seem to hire , now this is what i think and may not be true but "illegals"
I have been here only a month but noticing this

Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 PM

9 posts, read 11,774 times
myrtle beach is not good for make money , just for vacation

Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 PM

215 posts, read 546,871 times
Craigslist has some care giver jobs:

myrtle beach healthcare jobs classifieds - craigslist

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM

89 posts, read 252,350 times
Please be careful where you rent...come in person to check it out...many apartment complexes look so nice in internet pictures but they are far from nice when you get here....many are full of drugs, etc....Cape Landing which was mentioned isn't too nice....you may be better off renting from someone locally who has a townhouse or house to rent...they may not do a credit check...

Areas you may try are Surfside Beach, Socastee...they are closer to more of the nursing facilities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area