Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM

343 posts, read 726,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smills91 View Post
How does the HTC equipment compare to that of the cable/satellite companies? Do they offer pretty compable services and products? Or are they a little slower in implementing newer technologies because they are slower? I know HTC requires a 1 year commitment to waive the $100 install charge. Not sure about Time Warner though.
I have HTC service and equipment, whereas my Mom has Time Warner at her place. Equipment is
comparable and I would most likely choose HTC if I had to make a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM

35 posts, read 89,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
I have HTC service and equipment, whereas my Mom has Time Warner at her place. Equipment is
comparable and I would most likely choose HTC if I had to make a choice.
For what reasons would you choose HTC over TWC? I'm*leaning*towards*HTC*moreso*because*I*don't*lik e*Time*Warner's*political*leanings.*

Old 08-13-2013, 01:03 PM

22 posts, read 52,781 times
I can't comment on TWC but, we used to have HTC until the bills got way too high and we switched to DISH network.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM

253 posts, read 470,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smills91 View Post
For what reasons would you choose HTC over TWC? I'm*leaning*towards*HTC*moreso*because*I*don't*lik e*Time*Warner's*political*leanings.*
What are their political leanings?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM

10 posts, read 24,721 times
I've had both over the past 8 years of living here in Myrtle Beach (moved from Ohio also). I can tell you that there are going to be issues with both services. Internet down, slow connections during peak hours, etc. Neither seemed to have had more or less, I'd say it's a draw.

I am currently using HTC for internet and cable and con't complain. The internet is fast enough for me ( I also work from home on my website Myrtlebeach2do.com) and the cable internet has always been reliable.

The one thing I do like about HTC is they have some form of profit sharing? I'm not exactly sure how this works as I haven't looked into it extensively but I think all customers get a share of the company some how? I recently received a check from them and information about a share holder meeting. It was only for a dollor or two but you might want to look into this.

My Advice: If your home is already set up with HTC use that. The hassle of bringing TWC into the home will cost you precious dollars to be used elsewhere in the move. One more piece of advice, get a storage shed! I'm sure you will be missing your basement. I miss having the extra square footage of my basement back in Ohio. No more man-cave

I use Mr. Store It on Socatsee Blvd and can recommend them.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
I am sick of TWC. I have a bundle package with them for internet, tv and telephone. They just sent me a letter basically telling me that they are doing me a huge favor and saving me money - in actuality they are increasing my monthly rate! Unfortunately, in Surfside Beach there aren't many options. I just ordered Direct TV for my television, and am going to cancel that part with TWC, but keep my phone and internet with them. I'm so sick of TWC that I don't even care if my total monthly bill is higher due to not having a "bundle." Plus, I will have many more tv channels with Direct. I don't watch a lot of television, but my husband is thrilled to have all of the sports channels - NFL, etc.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,745 times
TWC would be out of the question. Poor service, uninformed, unprofessional, and the quality of customers service is lacking. Zero stars in every dept. I would choose ANY company over Time Warner!!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 PM

124 posts, read 227,758 times
We have the TWC bundle, including the security system. We are happy with everything except the cable TV. It is awful. We can be watching TV at any time, and all of a sudden that channel and others will go black and be "unavailable." We often get a black rectangle that covers 1/4 of the screen that says "Please Wait" and that's it. We have to reboot the boxes over and over. We have had techs come out and they can't figure it out! We've had the boxes changes (2) and it doesn't help. They cannot figure out why all of a sudden we will lose channels but get them back again. They say our signal is strong. We have never had this problem with the cable company we had up north(Service Electric Cable). The only issue we have ever had with them was when the entire cable system was down due to downed wires from storms or accidents. It is very frustrating to be in the middle of a good movie and all of a sudden the entire channel, along with several others is "unavailable." Any thoughts? TWC doesn't have any.....

Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 AM

55 posts, read 96,813 times
Unhappy Twc

Moved from Mass 2 months ago. Have Time/Warner. Hate it! Had Charter Cable in Mass, and it was far superior. TW is always having problems with program access, etc. Very unhappy with service

Old 08-22-2015, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
What ever you do never use Frontier! We have had them 6 months and always had slow service come to find out i am paying for 24mbps and only getting 3?!? I called today actuallyto switch to HTC hopefully it is better tired of hearing my old man cry abiut his stupid video games.. lol we recently moved here from Ohio too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area