Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 13,362 times

Advertisements

We will be coming to Myrtle Beach the 2nd week of April. We have three girls ages 3, 6, and 12. I am trying to find some things for us to do while we are there that all three girls might enjoy. We will be spending a good bit of time at the beach, but need other ideas also. This will be our first FAMILY vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 AM

790 posts, read 1,625,324 times
Here are three links to sites that can provide you with some ideas:
Ripley's Aquarium | Myrtle Beach Aquarium | Things to Do
Visit North Myrtle Beach - North Myrtle Beach Things To Do - North Myrtle Beach Attractions - North Myrtle Beach Amusement Parks – Events and Attractions
Myrtle Beach Coupons And Area Discounts by Myrtle Beach Bucks

My kids are all grown but at the ages of your two youngest, they would have been happy at the beach and pool all day. (You might want to make sure the place you're staying has an indoor pool because it can be chilly in the water when you're coming down.)Your 12 year old, however, is probably going to want more to do and taking such a wide age range to the same place and having everyone satisfied will be a challenge. Mini golf was always a favorite of my kids. Ripley's Aquarium would be interesting for all 3 ages. There are some nice playscapes at some of the parks for your younger kids. Walking around Broadway At The Beach is fun. It really depends on your kids' interests and you budget. There's lots of ways to spend money having fun.

You might also check this link as you get closer to your date. It lists activities for the upcoming week. KICKS! - Myrtle Beach Area Entertainment and Events

Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,086 times
There's tons of minature golf courses, which is always fun for all ages.

If your kids like animals, there's also the Waccatee Zoo near Socastee and Alligator Adventure near Barefoot Landing. Links below:

Waccatee Zoological Farm - The 'Beast' Kept Secret In Myrtle Beach
Welcome To Alligator Adventure || Reptile Capital of the World!

There's a riverboat that leaves from a landing near the Waccatee Zoo. It goes down the Intracoastal Waterway and is a nice relaxing ride. Dick's Marina in Murrells Inlet has an excellent trip with lots of hands-on stuff for kids.

There's Brookgreen Gardens, with lovely flowers, sculpture, a riverboat and a small zoo. Tickets to here are good for seven consecutive days. Across the highway is the Huntington Beach State Park with a castle to explore (doesn't look like a European castle, though, and it's just empty). There's also Myrtle Beach State Park with a great fishing pier.

Carolina Jeep Safari Tours provides a nice trip with interesting narration, including some ghost stores, and some stops at places including Atalaya (the castle I mentioned above). You may even seen some alligators!

Be sure to check out the boardwalk area and there's even an amusement park, Family Kingdom, in the middle of town.

I could go on and on, but with the links by CT Yankee and some more research I'm sure you'll find more than enough to do.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,785 times
I was going to chime in with a few suggestions but I think CT and Dawne have already covered everything I would have mentioned and more! I will second the suggestion by CT for Ripley's Aquarium (http://myrtlebeach.ripleyaquariums.com/ - broken link). My little guys are 4 and 6 and they loved it. Like Dawne said, you will find more than enough to do. Enjoy your visit!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 AM

9 posts, read 59,260 times
Magiquest! It does require parental help for younger kids, but it's pretty fun. It was a bit chaotic, as you have a time limit and if your child is driven, you'll be running up and down the stairs in the 'castle' type set-up, but I really enjoyed it, and my 10 year old can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM

59 posts, read 132,136 times
Hi. We frequent the area with two boys aged 2&5. The Ripley's Aquarium is GREAT! There is also tons of mini golf, and mini adventure parks. Taking a walk on the strip also excites the kiddies. Maybe even some Old Timey Photos?

The Tanger outlets are great for shopping and the beach side shops are cute as well.

Food wise, there are a few decent spots. Kid friendly wise I recommend a place we found called Golden Corral (we do not have that here in NYC) and it is an uber kid friendly buffet and has an assortment of stuff for rough $12 an adult and maybe $5 a kid. They can go nuts on goodies, pizza, and actually REAL homemade food. It is a great bargain and not bad food either.

I have found that they do fireworks over the beach a lot too.

Good Luck & Have a GREAT vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area