Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
All this fuss about Krispy Kreme. Maybe I will have to try one someday.
Neecie!!

There are few pleasures available to the common man that rival a warm Krispy Kreme fresh off the cooking line. Biting into one is a lot like submerging yourself into a delicate cloud of silky sugar and floating off to Nirvana. They MUST be eaten warm, but if they're reasonably fresh, a few seconds in the microwave will renew their magic.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 07:26 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Ok y'all have convinced me. I am going to take the plunge. I have to wait (I am in the middle of my pre-holiday 10 day crash diet so I can eat guilt free the following 2 weeks ) but it will be the first thing on the menu come Saturday. I would hate to be the donut, it has a very big reputation it has to live up to and on top of that I should be ravenous by the time it meets its fate.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:54 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Ok y'all have convinced me. I am going to take the plunge. I have to wait (I am in the middle of my pre-holiday 10 day crash diet so I can eat guilt free the following 2 weeks ) but it will be the first thing on the menu come Saturday. I would hate to be the donut, it has a very big reputation it has to live up to and on top of that I should be ravenous by the time it meets its fate.
Aww, you can have just one KK without any guilt, I promise.

But, can you eat just one would be the question.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Ok y'all have convinced me. I am going to take the plunge...
You won't be sorry, just make sure the "Hot Now" sign is lit up in the window. Start with a dozen and work your way up slowly to a regular portion.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:49 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Listen to PD - he DEF knows what he's saying about the HOT DOUGHNUTS NOW sign... Thats when you MUST stop in..

New Restaurant!-kk-hot-now.jpg

New Restaurant!-kk1.jpg

Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 AM

Oh my gosh you guys crack me up!

Sunny, I will let you know if I can eat just one.

PD, a dozen huh?

rrufast, the pic of the donuts was a little cruel. I am sitting here eating a 85 calorie granola bar. Come on Saturday!

So is there ever a time the "Hot Now" sign is not lit?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
... Thats when you MUST stop in..
LOL! rrufast, aren't those crullers great! I rave about their trademark glazed donuts, but I have a hard time passing up the others, particularly those glazed crullers. Neecie is right, it's cruel to post those photos; it's so %&#$%# cold, I don't think I can get my truck started to drive up there.

Quote:
Neecie wondered: So is there ever a time the "Hot Now" sign is not lit?
Good question. I guess it varies between shops. If the line is running, the sign is on. Not sure what happens during the wee morning hours?

26 posts on donuts Doesn't anybody have Christmas shopping left to do This is approaching the infamous macaroni salad thread!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
When the "Hot Now" sign is on at the KK in Erie, PA, you can go in and they give you a free hot, fresh donut! Wish they all did that!!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 AM

FREE? Now that is my kind of donut Vrexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
26 posts on donuts Doesn't anybody have Christmas shopping left to do This is approaching the infamous macaroni salad thread!
Christmas shopping is done. It is easy with small kids because Santa takes care of most of it for you. Did you notice the one thing the two threads have in common? FOOD!

Old 12-16-2010, 06:38 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Can one of you ship me a River City Cafe burger to Ohio please?

And of course 4 dozen MB KK's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area