Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:42 AM

882 posts, read 3,537,474 times

Advertisements

PD, Neeche, Vrexy... you all KILL me.. .LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 02:43 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
As I grew up (not my wild beach music shagging years) but as I got older I preferred the off season ... unfortunately now there is no off season ... it's wide open all year.
Amen to that. Change may be inevitable, but it ain't always good...

Fortunately, the beach music remains good, even if some of the old places are gone. Do you ever get back down for a shag or two? It was announced this week that the Pawleys Pavilion Reunion will resume next Spring, after being gone for a couple years. Talking 'bout some good memories...

"You're so fine, you're one of a kind, Sweet Carolina Girl..."

Old 10-03-2010, 12:04 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Amen to that. Change may be inevitable, but it ain't always good...

Fortunately, the beach music remains good, even if some of the old places are gone. Do you ever get back down for a shag or two? It was announced this week that the Pawleys Pavilion Reunion will resume next Spring, after being gone for a couple years. Talking 'bout some good memories...

"You're so fine, you're one of a kind, Sweet Carolina Girl..."
Ocean Drive still has SOS which brings all the old shaggers down for good beach music. We still visit friends and former neighbors but haven't been able to recently.

I've got to have knee replacement surgery and put it on hold. Our daughter is getting married next weekend and we will be there with bells on ... told daughter her dad is gonna boogie down that aisle and give her away quickly ... no deposit no return.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I've got to have knee replacement surgery and put it on hold. Our daughter is getting married next weekend and we will be there with bells on ... told daughter her dad is gonna boogie down that aisle and give her away quickly ... no deposit no return.
Congratulations! I did that boogie-walk with our only daughter a few years ago - one of the happiest days of my life. Y'all relax and enjoy the day! Good luck with the knee replacement. Don't put it off too long!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:35 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Quote:
Congratulations! I did that boogie-walk with our only daughter a few years ago - one of the happiest days of my life. Y'all relax and enjoy the day! Good luck with the knee replacement. Don't put it off too long!
Tell me something good about Sheheen ... ... come on sell me on the guy.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Tell me something good about Sheheen ...
Hmmmmm........ I'm afraid I have come to accept that politics is all about the lesser of two evils. Sheheen's lessers:

Sheheen did not accept $$thousands for "consulting" in fields where he has absolutely no training or experience, while holding an elected position (a pretty big deal IMO)

Sheheen is not on record as an advocate for school vouchers. (a big deal)

Sheheen is not pandering for votes by playing the ludicrous "lower taxes" card at a time when our state's budget deficit is cause for serious concern and our revenue is grossly insufficient to meet even basic state functions. (a very big deal)

Sheheen was not endorsed by the Alaskan Goddess of Wisdom. (a game breaker)

CarolinaWoman, that's the best I can do on short notice, and good enough to help this old feeble-minded Southern redneck make up his mind....

Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,621 times
I overheard you two talking and I hope you don't mind me interjecting. I have actually managed to muster a little more enthusiasm for Sheheen than my friend Pawleysdude. He has some good ideas, and although I know good ideas do not always come to full fruition it is a start.

I recently saw an ad for Nikki Haley where she said "IF WE CUT TAXES AND GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY, WE WILL CREATE JOBS." I don't know about you but I don't see that as a solid plan for creating jobs in our state. Vincent Sheheen has many ideas and one does include reforming our tax code to make it more appealing for business to set up shop in South Carolina but unlike his opponent he realizes that you can't just cut taxes in a state that is so underfunded. I would refer you to his job plan.

http://www.vincentsheheen.com/public/files/docs/sheheen_jobs.pdf (broken link)

He also is interested in strengthening our rural communities. He acknowledges that our rural infrastructure is in desperate need of funding. Yet, he recognizes the need to focus on what makes them special and not turning them into something they are not (with his concentration on farming initiatives and historic tourism).

He has not only NOT gone on record as supporting vouchers, he has gone on record opposing vouchers. School vouchers would have a devastating effect on our already suffering school system. I have also not seen any indication from Sheheen that he agrees with his opponents stance on performance base pay for our teachers, quite the contrary. He has said that we need to stop focusing on on standardize testing and allow our teachers to teach. This is a big one for me. With the exception of "race to the top" (which would level the playing field) I am adamantly opposed to performance pay because it hurts the schools that are struggling the most by making it unattractive for anyone to want to teach there.

That is just my pitch in a nut shell. You can get a lot more information on Vincent Sheheens site. I am sure he can say it much better than I.

Home | Vincent Sheheen for Governor (http://www.vincentsheheen.com/home/ - broken link)

I hope you will consider giving Sheheen your vote in November.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 AM

245 posts, read 761,681 times
Now it all makes sense....

Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,621 times
Hate to dig back up and old thread but I had some company over for a few drinks this afternoon and they arrived in strange attire. They looked suspiciously familiar. .....

Quote:
...... OK, we're even, but where did you find them all the matching plaid shorts and knee-hi black socks???
Attached Thumbnails
Question for the Day-005.jpg  

Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Hate to dig back up and old thread but I had some company over for a few drinks this afternoon and they arrived in strange attire. They looked suspiciously familiar. .....

Hahahaha! Who were those strange people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area