Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,882,127 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see the average selling price for two bedroom condo in a building with an elevator and direct beach access across the street in Garden City, SC. Giving a shout out to realtors...is there a tool I can periodically check to see average selling prices for the last 60 days - 2 years?

Input to OP -- Most people I know who have vacationed in the recent past in downtown MB say it has deteriorated significantly. Anectdotal reports seem to indicate that your preferred renters are going to shift further South to Surfside, Garden City, Pawley's/Litchfield. Not sure how North Myrtle is fairing but South of Myrtle seems to be the direction of opportunity..... hope that helps you as you narrow your focus. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 05:58 AM

540 posts, read 1,682,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post

Input to OP -- Most people I know who have vacationed in the recent past in downtown MB say it has deteriorated significantly.
Probably because of all of the crime. The more tourists, the more crime it seems. Either that, or people are just desperate (and very stupid). Was a recent abduction attempt down there this week. It's always something going on down there that makes you go

What happened to the "old" Myrtle Beach? Honestly, I'd have to think twice about staying down there now. So much crime and stupidity in one small area is just astounding. When did all of these bad elements move into town? Or did they just grow up from being kids?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:53 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,898,784 times
Quote:
I'd love to see the average selling price for two bedroom condo in a building with an elevator and direct beach access across the street in Garden City, SC. Giving a shout out to realtors...is there a tool I can periodically check to see average selling prices for the last 60 days - 2 years?
Tinabean,
Zillow and Trulia have that information but neither show any recent sales. I can't imagine that NOTHING has sold recently, so I am assuming they are not up to date. I hope a realtor can provide this information to you. I would love to have such a tool myself.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:13 AM

Thanks Neecewh. Yeah, the data must not be up to date. Although, it seems like folks who don't have to sell right now are holding on for the eventual property value rebound. I do watch to see if anything in our particular building sells below our purchase price and so far nothing has. Hopefully that is a good sign. I know realistically that it will take years for the glut of condos on the market to be absorbed but I'm hoping that MB will level out and become more like what it used to be.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:28 AM

194 posts, read 750,071 times
The median sale price of Condo's on Garden City Beach is $168k which is down 22% from last years prices. The average list price for 2/2 condo's is running around $240k w/limited foreclosures in Garden City Beach...there is a 2/2 fc listed at $190k...elevator on the oceanfront...

Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Thanks so much Creekgirl!!! Sounds like our investment is still on the positive side for us. Hope things don't slip any more........

Old 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM

738 posts, read 2,961,742 times
I just got back from a week down in Myrtle Beach, my family has been going down for several years now using my parents timeshare.

My wife and I have started leaning towards buying a condo as well, given that there are a number of deals on the market. Everything still seems to be nice and busy in the area, and we'd love a place that we can go to multiple times a year and rent out when not there.

Does anyone have a realtor they've worked with that they can recommend? I don't know if you can usually post info on the forums, so pm me if you have someone that you liked working with (or if there are forum members that are Realtors that would be willing to help out). Thanks!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,164,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Input to OP -- Most people I know who have vacationed in the recent past in downtown MB say it has deteriorated significantly. Anectdotal reports seem to indicate that your preferred renters are going to shift further South to Surfside, Garden City, Pawley's/Litchfield. Not sure how North Myrtle is fairing but South of Myrtle seems to be the direction of opportunity..... hope that helps you as you narrow your focus. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Myrtle Beach deteriorated? I'd say the opposite is true. With the opening of the new Boardwalk, Landshark Bar, SkyWheel, and with just about every single hotel being rebuilt, Myrtle Beach has significantly upgraded.

Downtown was a mess about 15 years ago and I'd steer people in a different direction but this is no longer the case.

The south end has always been very popular, there is no shift. It is just that people you know has discovered the south end.

Pawleys Island was one of the first settled vacation barrier islands. It has 150 year old beach houses and one still has the old slave quarters behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area