Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:30 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,993,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My take on the Black Panther was that he was Marvel's attempt to get a black hero and they didn't get one that stood out with interesting powers. He was basically like Captain America without the interesting back story. At least his country got interesting, Wakanda being the source of vibranium.
But didn't he beat the Fantastic Four in the comic books?

Quote:
But who thinks that they're messing up the "Spider Man" franchise? Its gone downhill the last few go arounds and seems to be getting worse. Some of the dialogue in clips and from Spider Man's appearance in "The Avengers" reminds me of " Deadpool" which I thought was weak and annoying, not clever. But I guess thirteen year olds and 30 year old fan boys still ate it up.
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
And the casting and direction of the characters seems to be taking a leave from the comics. Why not have an older Spider Man, less of a geeky dweeb , a college student, like from the golden era of the 60s and 70s?
But didn't Spider-Man(Peter Parker) start off as a geeky dweeb high school student in the 60s?

Quote:
Not to mention his origins are now completely new.
I'm not sure what that means, but usually when they stick to the comic books' original origin stories, movies and TV shows seem to be more successful.

Quote:
The casting, that too is going off in new territory and looks lame.
Do you mean Tom Holland? Because I thought that the casting of Michael Keaton was awesome.

Quote:
The X Men got boring, too. Superman got boring REAL fast and even Batman has gotten increasingly shallow as of late.
The X-Men need to be tweaked, and hopefully, Superman will get better... but I don't have a problem with the new Batman.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,487,024 times
Quote:
My take on the Black Panther was that he was Marvel's attempt to get a black hero and they didn't get one that stood out with interesting powers. He was basically like Captain America without the interesting back story. At least his country got interesting, Wakanda being the source of vibranium.

But who thinks that they're messing up the "Spider Man" franchise? Its gone downhill the last few go arounds and seems to be getting worse. Some of the dialogue in clips and from Spider Man's appearance in "The Avengers" reminds me of " Deadpool" which I thought was weak and annoying, not clever. But I guess thirteen year olds and 30 year old fan boys still ate it up. And the casting and direction of the characters seems to be taking a leave from the comics. Why not have an older Spider Man, less of a geeky dweeb , a college student, like from the golden era of the 60s and 70s? Not to mention his origins are now completely new. The casting, that too is going off in new territory and looks lame.
The X Men got boring, too. Superman got boring REAL fast and even Batman has gotten increasingly shallow as of late.

Hey now, wait a minute, I am no fan boy nor am I in either age group and I found the movie to be one great big thrill ride. My only reason for seeing these kinds silly pointless movies is the thrill of the ride. It's as close to a rollercoaster as I plan to ever get again.

On another note, as some people age, not much do they get excited about, but, I do still find it nice to see movies diversify their lead characters. Me, it was exciting when The Cosby Show came out, it was just as exciting for me when Blackish came out. The thing with these action movies, most important, for me, each needs to be worth the my time to bother watching I don't care what the ethnicity of the people staring in or participating in it, just appeal to the child in me who likes to see things get toppled and butts get kicked and I'm good. They don't even have to cuss just blow some stuff up oh and really good heart thumping musical sound effects and stuff. Oh and do it all without being condescending and inept.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies