Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
I hope they give it a rest for a while. Rebooting too soon just invites unfavorable comparisons with the earlier material.
Fox gets too much money from doing X-Men movies. I mean, Logan made money in the US alone. 97m budget, 201m box office. Infact besides, Deadpool and Logan NO X-Men or Wolverine movie has made back its budget by box office alone. Honestly, what would benefit X-Men movies is to go smaller kind of what they look to do with Deadpool 2 and X-Force as well as Deadpool and Logan. At least through doing these, it keeps the clock resetting rather than what happened with Fox and Daredevil (which lead to Daredevil on Netflix.) This way if they want to reboot X-Men it works. The main problem is people want movies to fit together. And this is nothing new. I mean the Pixar animation theory existed prior to the launch of Marvel Cinematic Universe, well besides Cars...

Sadly X-Men: Supernova (the tentative title to follow X-Men: Apocalypse) looks to be another big budget blockbuster. I know there is also a New Mutants (underlined due to differentiating comics from movies) movie set to film in spring (no idea when and who was exactly cast for it) but as I said, not much is known besides Josh Boone (Stuck in Love and The Fault in Our Stars) is writing and directing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 07:03 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,562,030 times
I finally saw this the other night, and I admit it was MUCH better then the other Wolverine movies.

I was still disappointed in the movie as a whole I understand it's hard to follow the same story lines as the comic yet alone ANY book. I knew right off that they were going to kill Logan off which was a different story all together, it looks like they are trying to do the New Mutants next. Not sure how much of a draw that will have. The girl playing X-23 was a bit too young I believe she was older in the Comics.

I still wonder who will replace Jackman as Wolverine. That's IF they decide to do another movie/s.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times
[quote=reed067;48264041]I finally saw this the other night, and I admit it was MUCH better then the other Wolverine movies.

Yes. MUCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I was still disappointed in the movie as a whole I understand it's hard to follow the same story lines as the comic yet alone ANY book. I knew right off that they were going to kill Logan off which was a different story all together, it looks like they are trying to do the New Mutants next. Not sure how much of a draw that will have. The girl playing X-23 was a bit too young I believe she was older in the Comics.
Mangold did his own thing. He doesn't stick as close to the source material and Nolan, Snyder, etc.

Spoiler
The sequence in the hotel where X has "frozen" everyone and Logan starts slicin' & dicin' the bad guys was freakin' amazing. I don't think that had been done before on screen. If so...somebody show me!

Quote:
I still wonder who will replace Jackman as Wolverine.
Tom Hardy. Just kidding. He's Venom!

Old 05-24-2017, 11:53 AM

2,350 posts, read 1,400,695 times
Blu Ray & DVD Poll for Logan

Poll: 'Logan' Noir or Couleur? - High-Def Digest: The Bonus View

No votes for b&w yet.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:06 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,562,030 times
[quote=AFtrEFkt;48266189]
Quote:

Tom Hardy. Just kidding. He's Venom!

I think for me at least it's going to have to be an unknown. I can't think of anyone to play Logan/Wolverine.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:38 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,239,289 times
Depressing. Ugly radio. Jerky cam action scenes. If this is the future of entertainment, I am going back to my collection of 1930-1960 movies.
Though it featured kids, the foul language made it not child-friendly. Gore and guts. Typical bad guy caricatures with no backstory nor motivation. No real explanation of the demise of the X-Men. Basically, they killed off the franchise. R.I.P.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:35 AM

169 posts, read 187,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Depressing. Ugly radio. Jerky cam action scenes. If this is the future of entertainment, I am going back to my collection of 1930-1960 movies.
Though it featured kids, the foul language made it not child-friendly. Gore and guts. Typical bad guy caricatures with no backstory nor motivation. No real explanation of the demise of the X-Men. Basically, they killed off the franchise. R.I.P.
I didn't like Logan, but are you, like, from the 60s? Have you never seen other superhero movies? Most of them have ****ty, formulaic stories. It's to be expected.

What franchise did they kill off? The point was to kill Wolverine, so they did it. But the X-men will be back, and so will Wolverine (just not with Hugh Jackman).

Old 05-29-2017, 09:47 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
I think the R rating should have been a clue that it was not intended to be child-friendly.

The movie draws heavily from a particular line of comics, and although I've not read it, I'm aware of it. I didn't feel a need to know detailed backstories beyond this particular storyline.

For instance, where was Magneto? Doesn't matter--it's not Magneto's story.

Inasmuch as the story of Logan's death was done in the comics years ago, clearly the franchise is not "killed off." Particularly since they simultaneously introduced his successor.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:49 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKneedep View Post
I didn't like Logan, but are you, like, from the 60s? Have you never seen other superhero movies? Most of them have ****ty, formulaic stories. It's to be expected.
I'm from the 60s.

These are Silver Age comics superheroes, right down my line.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:33 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times
Quote:
Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors, too. Something for everyone, so the saying goes.

Quote:
Though it featured kids, the foul language made it not child-friendly. Gore and guts. Typical bad guy caricatures with no backstory nor motivation.
Hence the R rating.

Quote:
No real explanation of the demise of the X-Men.
There wasn't meant to be one.

Quote:
Basically, they killed off the franchise. R.I.P.
X-Men: Apocalypse performed well below expectations. Then Logan reminded Fox that the mutants are still a viable franchise, if handled correctly.*

*No, that doesn't mean handing them back to Marvel Studios. Looks what's going on with Spider-Man: Homecoming. People are saying they aren't as interested as they should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies