Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 07:20 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't like it. It has turned me off to Justice League at least first weekend.
The previews for Justice League have turned me off Justice League. Judging from the previews, JL is about super heroes who team up to trade quippy banter, chase things, and blow things up. Just not interested. I will very likely wait for the DVD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 11:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,621,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't like it. It has turned me off to Justice League at least first weekend. Might see it that Tuesday or the next one...
You despise Wonder Woman to the point that you're going to turn your nose up at Justice League — a "battle" movie with a different director, different cinematographer, different screenwriter(s), and overall different vibe, not to mention it's a team film — on opening weekend? I hope the movie isn't spoiled for you. You'd better steer clear of social media.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The previews for Justice League have turned me off Justice League. Judging from the previews, JL is about super heroes who team up to trade quippy banter, chase things, and blow things up. Just not interested. I will very likely wait for the DVD.
Which reminds me: did you ever get over to the theater to watch Blade Runner: 2049?

Old 11-02-2017, 11:24 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
DC has been struggling to play catch up with Marvel for a while now they threw together BVS it would seem over night. The movie was dark and everyone was brooding even Superman he's not supposed to brood. Having WW in it was a bright spot for the movie.

I called it before WW came out that this would be DC's saving grace which it was. What really surprised me is that many women who watched it on the forum thought it was a bit sexist. Still trying to figure that one out. I give DC props for doing a movie where there was a strong female lead with good values where Marvel not so much.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Which reminds me: did you ever get over to the theater to watch Blade Runner: 2049?
Not yet. New England is still recovering from the storm. Or "staaahm" as they say in New England.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not yet. New England is still recovering from the storm. Or "staaahm" as they say in New England.

Er, do you drive?

Old 11-02-2017, 01:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
DC has been struggling to play catch up with Marvel for a while now they threw together BVS it would seem over night. The movie was dark and everyone was brooding even Superman he's not supposed to brood. Having WW in it was a bright spot for the movie.

I called it before WW came out that this would be DC's saving grace which it was. What really surprised me is that many women who watched it on the forum thought it was a bit sexist. Still trying to figure that one out. I give DC props for doing a movie where there was a strong female lead with good values where Marvel not so much.
Really? I must have missed those post; I thought it was no more or less sexist than any of the other Marvel movies. I could do without the romance, but, I feel that way when there's a male lead in these movies as well. I always look forward to a strong woman character, this one was OK. I think as she gets older and more comfortable in her own skin, I'd find her a stronger character, but I liked her for who she was, I just look forward to a more seasoned WW.

Personally, I went for the action and a good enough story to carry it through, this story just didn't sustain my attention for being such a long movie. For me it mostly failed toward the end and midway I was nodding off through some of it.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
You despise Wonder Woman to the point that you're going to turn your nose up at Justice League — a "battle" movie with a different director, different cinematographer, different screenwriter(s), and overall different vibe, not to mention it's a team film — on opening weekend? I hope the movie isn't spoiled for you. You'd better steer clear of social media.
I didn't see Suicide Squad opening weekend either actually only saw it the second weekend due to falling ill. I didn't really like that and Man of Steel is meh to me. Batman V. Superman is the only Snyderverse DC movie I've loved honestly.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Add one more record to the phenomenal box office run of Warner Bros.' superhero release Wonder Woman. Yesterday, Patty Jenkins' critically acclaimed blockbuster saw updated international receipts that finally pushed the box office totals to $821.74 million, topping the cume of 2002's Spider-Man and giving Gal Godot's Amazon warrior-princess the crown as the highest-grossing superhero origin film of all time.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#687cfecdebd9

Old 11-02-2017, 05:34 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Highly categorized statistic, that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies