Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Maybe we could also see a House of M movie at some point to reset the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Given the mess the Spidey movies have become and the upcoming train wreck of a Fanastic Four movie, I suspect it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets all its characters back and does a big reboot of the cinematic universe, putting everyone in one big happy movie family. I sure hope so anyway. It's a crying shame that Stark and Oscorp have no movie or TV connections or that Spidey doesn't occasionally run into the X-Men or Daredevil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Given the mess the Spidey movies have become and the upcoming train wreck of a Fanastic Four movie, I suspect it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets all its characters back and does a big reboot of the cinematic universe, putting everyone in one big happy movie family. I sure hope so anyway. It's a crying shame that Stark and Oscorp have no movie or TV connections or that Spidey doesn't occasionally run into the X-Men or Daredevil.
The X-Men as I've said all along have enough characters on their own and for the most part did not intersect with other Marvel properties other than say a Wolverine, the twins or even Beast now. The fact is besides Days of Future Present (with a tease of Marvel characters in Days of Future Past), Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Dark Reign (with the Dark X-Men), Avengers vs. X-Men and Uncanny Avengers (after the events of AvX), the X-men were pretty much on their own and their link to the Marvel Universe itself is weak for the most part.

I agree that Spider Man and Fantastic Four being added in may need to reboot things in the Marvel universe. You could always do the idea that Spider-man was always there (the Oscorp building might of not had the signs up during Avengers to retcon it) and perhaps Fantastic Four exist but don't have their powers from the cosmos (maybe on HYDRA's radar from Winter Soldier but not seen.) Latveria isn't on Marvel's map but it also was never mentioned in the Fox movies
Spoiler
it wont be again.
But perhaps that was the area in Europe from Iron Man 2 on SHIELD's map and not Germany as HYDRA wouldn't be a threat at that time.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:15 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
I'd love to see Gambit as a movie. It wasn't the longest-running comic book series, but I've always liked him. I think he has a good personality, one that a movie could be built around with minimal trouble. Finding the right actor could be a challenge. I wasn't huge on who they picked for his brief appearance in the X-Men movie.

There's just something about him that I think would work. Unfortunately, it would probably only work as a straight-to-DVD movie since he didn't have a huge following near the level of the main X-Men characters. But, to see Gambit and Jubilee and some of the other lesser-known X-Men put on the silver screen could be a lot of fun.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:59 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,322,805 times
Magnus Robot Fighter, this would be ultra science fiction. Goldkey from the 60's. Computer generated special effects have just recently reached the point that they can do justice to Magnus.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:30 AM

363 posts, read 817,901 times
DC - Batman: A Death in the Family, Legion of Superheroes

Marvel - World War Hulk

Dark Horse - X

Image Comics - Sidekick

Old 01-26-2015, 06:47 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'd love to see Gambit as a movie. It wasn't the longest-running comic book series, but I've always liked him. I think he has a good personality, one that a movie could be built around with minimal trouble. Finding the right actor could be a challenge. I wasn't huge on who they picked for his brief appearance in the X-Men movie.

There's just something about him that I think would work. Unfortunately, it would probably only work as a straight-to-DVD movie since he didn't have a huge following near the level of the main X-Men characters. But, to see Gambit and Jubilee and some of the other lesser-known X-Men put on the silver screen could be a lot of fun.
I believe they are making a Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum
tried to find the source of that but cant remember where I was reading up on this lol

Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
tried to find the source of that but cant remember where I was reading up on this lol
Spetember/October 2016 making THREE X-movies for 2016 with Deadpool in February, Apocalypse in May and a Wolverine movie in May 2017

Old 01-27-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
DC - Batman: A Death in the Family, Legion of Superheroes

Marvel - World War Hulk

Dark Horse - X

Image Comics - Sidekick
I remember hearing RUMORS of the Legion of Superheroes being a possible Guardians of the Galaxy ripoff by DC and then they announced suicide squad as a movie.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post

I know Channing Tatum makes the women all kinds of happy, but I am having a hard time seeing him as Gambit. I can't picture Gambit as a bulky kind of guy. I could almost picture Ryan Reynolds (in Blade Trinity form) as a halfway decent Gambit. He has the smart-allecky thing down and isn't too big of a guy. Could he pull of a believable cajun accent? I don't know. Of course he's the Green Lanter, so that can't happen.

I just hope the movie does the Gambit character justice.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatrk View Post
DC -

Marvel - World War Hulk

Done right that would rock!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies