Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
I absolutely loved it! Epic! I put it next to Winter Soldier, not as good but up there
loved loved Groot...hehe and what cast ensemble too
I loved it, too! (Better than Avengers, in my opinion...to reference another ensemble-cast comic book movie.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 08:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
I just saw it and I really liked it but it still isn't Captain America. I really am looking for what to come because it is very easy Marvel can do several cosmic Marvel movies with it. Obviously we know Thanos will be in a future Avengers movie (rumored to be Avengers 3) but there are either 3 or 4 stones to come (if the Tesseract is one) and at least two charcters who can be in their own movie (this includes the end credit.) They toed the line of being comedic but still action packed. So don't think it is too comedic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I am Groot.
Is this the happy response or angry?

Old 08-03-2014, 04:48 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
I just saw it today. It was surprisingly good.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:04 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,917,003 times
Spoiler
We are Groot!

Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
I am Groot I am Groot. Toot Toot!

Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,968 times
Amazing movie. Top 2 or 3 of the Disney/Marvel movies for me.

Excellent story, cast, and mix of action and comedy.

Characters were instantly likeable, even for people that went in knowing little to nothing about them (like my wife).

Overall, a great movie, and I'm happy to see it performed so well at the box office this first weekend.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Amazing movie. Top 2 or 3 of the Disney/Marvel movies for me.

Excellent story, cast, and mix of action and comedy.

Characters were instantly likeable, even for people that went in knowing little to nothing about them (like my wife).

Overall, a great movie, and I'm happy to see it performed so well at the box office this first weekend.
It was #2 of the stage two marvel movies though I really liked Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 (I think they are just above Incredible Hulk) and most of the stage 1 movies were really good/great. I think it was really good that it was quirky but Captain America: The Winter Soldier was kinda funny but had a really great twist and turn story that wasn't overly complicated. So me saying it is the second best of the 4 Marvel movies (Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Days of Future Past) is not an insult because Winter Soldier was AMAZING and some would include Days of Future Past in that (I don't.) It is hard to weight what movie was better but I REALLY enjoyed Winter Soldier vs. enjoyed Guardians.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It was #2 of the stage two marvel movies though I really liked Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 (I think they are just above Incredible Hulk) and most of the stage 1 movies were really good/great. I think it was really good that it was quirky but Captain America: The Winter Soldier was kinda funny but had a really great twist and turn story that wasn't overly complicated. So me saying it is the second best of the 4 Marvel movies (Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Days of Future Past) is not an insult because Winter Soldier was AMAZING and some would include Days of Future Past in that (I don't.) It is hard to weight what movie was better but I REALLY enjoyed Winter Soldier vs. enjoyed Guardians.
See, I don't include Spiderman or the X-Men in my assessment of the Marvel movies, as they're not part of the Marvel/Disney Universe. I think Guardians was up there with Capt 2 as the best of the phase 2, if not the best of both phases.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
See, I don't include Spiderman or the X-Men in my assessment of the Marvel movies, as they're not part of the Marvel/Disney Universe. I think Guardians was up there with Capt 2 as the best of the phase 2, if not the best of both phases.
They are Marvel movies even though they aren't just like how Kick Ass is (Marvel did release the initial comics) even though they aren't in the universe. As for Guardians, it was good but it was to me, not as good as the phase 1 movies besides Hulk. Perhaps it is better than Iron Man 2 but not Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Thor is quite possibly my favorite phase 1 movie and while Guardians was good, it wasn't THAT good.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,684,789 times
Saw Guadians this week. Great movie. Hilarious throughout the entire thing. Might even like it better than Avengers, i dont know yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies