Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 06:04 AM

219 posts, read 248,003 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard a lot of talk lately about the proposed connector that would include a new interstate exchange on I79 near the location of The Shack Neighborhood House and Number 8 Hollow. The northern connector is a similar concept to the original West Run Bypass project that was shelved many years ago. The northern Connector would include a new bridge over the Monongahela River in the vicinity of the old Humphrey coal mine and would include exits near the Department of Energy complex on Collins Ferry Road and at Van Voorhis Road. The connector would ultimately tie into the Point Marion Rd (US119) just south of University High School.

I have not found any specifics about residential displacement but judging by the proposed route it would be very minimal. There would be very little to no residential displacement concerns west of the river. East of the river the proposal I saw indicated that it would take a route just south of Brettwald and sort of strafe it's way north of Bakers Point where it could run relatively unincumbered the rest of the way to Rt119. Residential displacement east of the river seems primarily in the Mountaineer Village mobile home park. Not sure if it would effect Greycliff or not. Others effected would be those living along Van Voorhis on the revamped portion to the hospitals.

It's not as good as the original West Run Bypass but it's much better than doing nothing. It would alleviate an incredible amount of conjestion on the mileground, 705, and Patteson drive. It would also tie the NW developments of UTC and West Ridge to the eastern developments near Cheat Lake and Pierpoint.

I know the original votes were very positive for this development and understandably so. Does anyone have additional information that they can share?

I've heard there are signs along Van Voorhis and also on Bethel Road but I have not personally seen them. I'm not sure if they are in support or opposition to the plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 01:16 PM

63 posts, read 64,102 times
Default Lie fro DOH

It was all a lie from the DOH to get us to vote for paying more taxes, and it is never going to happen!

Old 06-14-2021, 08:20 AM

632 posts, read 832,531 times
Here's the most recent study that I can find

https://7b684dee-1ab5-4616-9992-9d54880108cf.filesusr.com/ugd/613794_8c880ee296da4a2ca54edd88f8c03d76.pdf

Old 06-16-2021, 03:40 PM

219 posts, read 248,003 times
Thanks. It will be a shame if it never happens. Progressive city my ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
View detailed profiles of: