Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUgrandpa View Post
Anyone know what restaurant(s) going in with the new BFS? It has orange and blue On the outside but doesn’t look like any I’ve seen before.

I just went into the BFS last night and asked them. They said that what is going in next door will be a full-sized Dairy Queen restaurant, and that the smaller Dairy Queen currently located at the other BFS will close down and a Tim Horton's will be going in there in its place.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 06:28 PM

4 posts, read 5,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheatLakeLiving View Post
I just went into the BFS last night and asked them. They said that what is going in next door will be a full-sized Dairy Queen restaurant, and that the smaller Dairy Queen currently located at the other BFS will close down and a Tim Horton's will be going in there in its place.
Thanks for the update. I was afraid this might be the case.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:00 PM

219 posts, read 247,541 times
Was in cheat lake yesterday and noticed new construction at Mon-Fayette Junction adjacent to the new Med Express. The steel framework has been constructed and it appears to be a corporate building of some type.

Anyone know what this will be?

Old 09-01-2020, 06:19 AM

491 posts, read 609,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
Was in cheat lake yesterday and noticed new construction at Mon-Fayette Junction adjacent to the new Med Express. The steel framework has been constructed and it appears to be a corporate building of some type.

Anyone know what this will be?
Probably just a cookie cutter office building for lease like the 5 units at Suncrest Town Center.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:52 PM

456 posts, read 602,139 times
Has anything happened at Mon-Fayette Junction? I haven't heard about anything going on there in a year. I would think it would be a perfect spot for a grocery store, restaurant, or hotel. Is there still just an office building there.

Old 10-20-2021, 07:52 AM

250 posts, read 331,647 times
Not a thing. I don't mean this negatively - I think that area is dead and will always be dead. Maybe a grocery store will come out that way but I've been here for 20 years and that area hasn't changed much at all outside of a few housing developments.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:38 AM

491 posts, read 609,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
Not a thing. I don't mean this negatively - I think that area is dead and will always be dead. Maybe a grocery store will come out that way but I've been here for 20 years and that area hasn't changed much at all outside of a few housing developments.
You'd think with a community closing in on 10,000 residents there would be more over there besides 2 BFS stores and a Dollar General. I guess the powers that be figure those people would rather drive to Suncrest or Exit 1 Walmart instead.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
You'd think with a community closing in on 10,000 residents there would be more over there besides 2 BFS stores and a Dollar General. I guess the powers that be figure those people would rather drive to Suncrest or Exit 1 Walmart instead.
Doesn't make much sense to me either - combine that with Chestnut Ridge church...*shrug* I don't know man. Exactly how you put it - two new BFS stores and a DG. Other than than, there really has been NO development there. This is why I say nothing will change. Maybe no one wants to put the effort into clearing a large chunk of flat land? Maybe it is too close to the ghetto kroger (Sabraton), Exit 1 Wal-Mart and Uniontown (to serve the PA side)?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:58 PM

Alternatively - I did notice that Biafora (assuming it is him) is putting up another strip mall in the Ft. Pierpont parking lot. Curious to see what small businesses go in there - must be enough of a demand?

Also curious - any of you tried Draft yet up at Mid-Atlantic market? My wife is petrified of the Covid so not been going many places.

Old 10-22-2021, 04:49 AM

219 posts, read 247,541 times
I was told that they new building being constructed is Bobs discount Furniture, not a strip plaza.

I’ve been to Draft once for lunch. Was hardly anyone there. It was surprisingly good despite its high cost. Amazing how expensive a burger can get now. But it’s not just draft that’s expensive, it’s everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown