Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 12:09 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,573 times

Advertisements

my bad I was thinkin you meant like NCAA Basketball Tourney games or Football bowl games....Morgantowns #1 problem with hostin major events like that are traffic, and I dont see that changin for the better anytime soon....just gonna get worse actually...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 06:12 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
my bad I was thinkin you meant like NCAA Basketball Tourney games or Football bowl games....Morgantowns #1 problem with hostin major events like that are traffic, and I dont see that changin for the better anytime soon....just gonna get worse actually...
So sad but true, the infrastructure here is going to be one of the biggest problems for this town going forward. Im happy to see water and sewer are doing something about looking toward the future but don't see it much elsewhere in the city.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 9,327 times
If the PRT were to expand to Waterfront Place, per the study that was done some years ago, and the planned upgrades would include new cars that looked a bit less "pedestrian" and more like an updated, city transit system, like a subway car, I can imagine first class hotel guests being comfortably whisked from a stop directly in Waterfront Place to the game.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:46 AM

632 posts, read 831,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenceNogood View Post
If the PRT were to expand to Waterfront Place, per the study that was done some years ago, and the planned upgrades would include new cars that looked a bit less "pedestrian" and more like an updated, city transit system, like a subway car, I can imagine first class hotel guests being comfortably whisked from a stop directly in Waterfront Place to the game.
An expansion out to Suncrest/West Run is more likely to happen first than an expansion to the Waterfront. That station would be deader than Walnut currently is. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the PRT is replacing the cars starting next year

Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM

Has anyone seen any update regarding this project?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 PM

334 posts, read 495,641 times
Couple conversations I heard was that Marriott won the bid as they will be taking over Erickson Alumni dining. Im sure we'll hear a lot more in the coming weeks.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
Couple conversations I heard was that Marriott won the bid as they will be taking over Erickson Alumni dining. Im sure we'll hear a lot more in the coming weeks.
That would be interesting if Mariott did win it, I wonder if they would brand it as a JW Mariott since that seems to be their nicer hotels and I'm sure WVU wants the hotel to be nice. It would also be interesting that Mariott would be in control of two very large convention/meeting areas in this town.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 AM

36 posts, read 51,380 times
JW Marriott locations:

Phoenix
Scottsdale
Tucson
Los Angeles
Palm Desert
San Francisco
Santa Monica
Denver
Washington DC
Miami
Atlanta
Orlando
Chicago
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Minneapolis
Grand Rapids
New York
Las Vegas
Austin
Houston
San Antonio

I don't think Morgantown really fits in that group...

Also, the hotel RFP has never been re-released, and given WVU's procurement requirements as a state agency, it seems unlikely that anyone would have been awarded the project without going through the song and dance of the standard procurement process. I could certainly be wrong, but that just seems odd.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevelopEER View Post
JW Marriott locations:

Phoenix
Scottsdale
Tucson
Los Angeles
Palm Desert
San Francisco
Santa Monica
Denver
Washington DC
Miami
Atlanta
Orlando
Chicago
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Minneapolis
Grand Rapids
New York
Las Vegas
Austin
Houston
San Antonio

I don't think Morgantown really fits in that group...

Also, the hotel RFP has never been re-released, and given WVU's procurement requirements as a state agency, it seems unlikely that anyone would have been awarded the project without going through the song and dance of the standard procurement process. I could certainly be wrong, but that just seems odd.
Yeah definitely not in that list. I thought they were a little more common, I wonder what mariott brand it would fall under though if this is true. And I thought they did re-release it a while back, just the exact same one.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:38 AM

36 posts, read 51,380 times
It's an interesting question, since Morgantown already has a Marriott, Fairfield (UTC), Courtyard (UTC), Springhill Suites (Sabraton) and Residence Inn (Ruby). That pretty well covers their low-to-mid level flags.

I could be mistaken on the proposal, but I didn't think they'd formally done it yet. I never saw it on the WVU site that lists open RFPs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
View detailed profiles of: