Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 01:04 PM

671 posts, read 1,059,987 times

Advertisements

Biafora's Accelerated Construction Services has posted some new signage along Grant Ave (the 'dead' zone between 4th and 5th streets) which elicited my visit to their website - where I found the following:

An announcement for two separate 100k sq ft buildings, 9 stories each (six above the grade of Grant Ave), with seven stories of residential space and two lower levels of parking. The rendering indicates a building style that is a bit different from the usual Biafora Box, so that's a plus. Construction is to start May 1, 2015 and be completed in May of 2016.

Accelerated Construction Services to Build Grant Avenue Apartments | Accelerated Construction Services

And this link is for the renderings:

Grant Avenue Project | Accelerated Construction Services

No indication as to how many beds, and I'm a bit surprised by the start date because I've yet to see this building pass through the planning commission, not that I'm sure what qualifies a building project to require PC approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,085,254 times
That's actually good to hear. That will pretty much clean up Sunnyside between Beechurst and University Ave. I know it is easy to dislike Biafora because of his opposition to other, competing developments, but he is a terrific developer who has singlehandedly transformed a major portion of our area. Putting student density in that area makes perfect sense. It will be walking distance to shopping and the PRT. This is good for the City of Morgantown. It also keeps that property on the county tax rolls and will give city government another boost in B&O tax revenue from construction.

The pace of development and construction continues unabated in Morgantown, and along with what is happening in Berkeley and Jefferson counties and the Wheeling Highlands, it clearly sets the standard for our state with nearly all of it happening with private funding (little to no state funds applied). When you see areas constantly looking for grants or legislative doles for projects, you know things really aren't healthy there. Happily that is not the case here in NCWV, especially in the Morgantown area. Now... if we could just get the state to do its job it is supposed to be doing everywhere and fix our roads, and provide us with adequate infrastructure to meet our growing needs.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 04-03-2015 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown