Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM

26 posts, read 42,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA2000TL View Post
Pappa John's gas station in Spanish Ft. has 88 octane 100% gasoline. Last price I saw was $4.29/gal. Located on 31 near the 181 intersection, just west of 181 right outside the Timber Creek subdivision.

The station at the southern end of 181 almost where 98 intersects no longer carries 100% gasoline as of a few months ago.
Thanks! I will try to find it and add it to the map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyTR View Post
Thanks! I will try to find it and add it to the map.
Got it. It has been added to the map. This is a link to the map: Ethanol Free Fuel Map (Mobile & Baldwin Counties, AL) - Google Maps

Old 09-27-2015, 12:47 PM

562 posts, read 665,353 times
The Exxon at Government and Azalea has it too. I discovered it by accident one day since their regular pumps weren't working and the ethanol-free pump was the only one that worked.
I remembered that it clearly stated that the fuel was NOT an Exxon product....i don't know if they're like Chevron in that respect...

Old 09-27-2015, 03:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
Actually, I think you can probably blame the agricultural lobby and the congressional delegations from farm states for the whole ethanol mess.

I was talking to a station owner recently, and he told me that the Feds now penalize any distributor who sells "real" gasoline. I have seen a handful of stations that sell both pure gas and gas/ethanol blends; they seem to be charging about 10 cents a gallon more for the pure stuff. I will GLADLY pay it and I think that EVERYONE deserves the OPTION to do so!!!!
We have had our "choice" legislated away from us. Another score for the progressive left and for those who don't really give a chit. Ask your neighbors about it...they don't care. Too many Americans don't.

The really funny thing is using ethanol actually drops your mpg. No one knows the truth because the media suppresses the fact and people wouldn't care if you proved it to them 100 days in a row.

The corn d-bags make out and politicians are appeasing the left greenie-tards but most of us are out to lunch and don't know it. They don't know they HAVE to use the corn as dictated by the EPA...federal government. They just move about like a pinball bouncing off point to point as if that is life is supposed to be.

MD has very few real gas vendors and a lot of it is aviation grade stuff in the 100+ octane range = $$$.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
The Exxon at Government and Azalea has it too. I discovered it by accident one day since their regular pumps weren't working and the ethanol-free pump was the only one that worked.
I remembered that it clearly stated that the fuel was NOT an Exxon product....i don't know if they're like Chevron in that respect...
Thanks! I have added that station to the Map.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:10 AM

41 posts, read 61,015 times
I believe that the Exxon in Daphne (Clark's?) just south of I-10 at exit 35 sells ethanol free gas the the pumps on the far east side of the lot (up against the retaining wall). At least they did a few months ago. The price was not bad, either (I think high 2's).

Old 09-28-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMiWi View Post
I believe that the Exxon in Daphne (Clark's?) just south of I-10 at exit 35 sells ethanol free gas the the pumps on the far east side of the lot (up against the retaining wall). At least they did a few months ago. The price was not bad, either (I think high 2's).
Jo, If you can confirm they have 100% gas, let me know and I will add the station. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Jo, If you can confirm they have 100% gas, let me know and I will add the station. Thanks!
I'll check next time I fill up there.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
They have 2 pumps with no ethanol gas. Price yesterday was $2.66/gallon.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Not only is ethanol corrosive, but it attracts water molecules. If you allow a gas tank to sit with the nozzle uncovered on a humid night, chances are there will be a significant enough amount of water mixed in to affect performance. This is also an obvious problem for outboard motors.

That said, we have a couple of ethanol-free stations in Atmore now, and I use it exclusively in my small engines. I use it whenever possible (95% of the time) in my vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area