Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:36 PM

595 posts, read 368,367 times

Advertisements

Mobile has a lot of traffic problems because unfortunately like everywhere else it is overflowing with bad drivers. Driving down there it seems most people there think their turn signals are decorations on their cars, and going at least the speed limit is a foreign concept. Mobile's worst traffic area is the George Wallace(I-10) tunnel. This is due to idiotic braking while going it down it to 20 mph, and is compounded during rush hour or tourist season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:12 AM

6 posts, read 14,039 times
Does anyone have any insight on train schedules? I have recently been stopped 3 times for at a train at the loop on my way to work in the morning - right at rush hour. I can't find any schedules that might give me a heads up to leave early on certain days.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:18 AM

310 posts, read 386,835 times
The new traffic light in front of Whole Foods is going to further bottleneck traffic in an already bad area. I can't comprehend how the city engineers continue to think more traffic lights is the answer to the congestion on Airport Blvd.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:41 AM

240 posts, read 466,111 times
University and Airport intersection is literally of satan. That is all

Old 10-23-2015, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 8,877 times
One thing I have notice about Mobile traffic lights. They do not seem to be timed in any way. Most times I ride up or down on Airport Boulevard, or Cottage Hill Road, or Grelot, I can only rarely make two green lights in a row. And this is true at ALL times of the day, not just rush hours. Plus there is nothing like sitting there not moving during a green light because the road is totally backed up from the next light ahead of it.

I moved here from Chicago traffic so I am used to not moving, but that was because of their danged toll booths causing huge backups, no such thing down here.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:37 PM

64 posts, read 164,619 times
I remember when me & some of my other family members took a trip to Gulf Shores back in 2012

We are going under the I-10 Wallace Tunnel & a guy in front of us with a Texas license plate stomps on his brake and repeatably honks his horn. "BEEP!" (x1,000,000). 20 seconds later he does a U-TURN, with NO BLINKER, which I'm pretty sure is illegal/impossible on the 3rd longest interstate in the country, but somehow he did it & got away with it.

People are stupid.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:42 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,335,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob Town Mane View Post
I remember when me & some of my other family members took a trip to Gulf Shores back in 2012

We are going under the I-10 Wallace Tunnel & a guy in front of us with a Texas license plate stomps on his brake and repeatably honks his horn. "BEEP!" (x1,000,000). 20 seconds later he does a U-TURN, with NO BLINKER, which I'm pretty sure is illegal/impossible on the 3rd longest interstate in the country, but somehow he did it & got away with it.

People are stupid.

This story makes you very suspect. Can you figure why I think so?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:19 PM

64 posts, read 164,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
This story makes you very suspect. Can you figure why I think so?
Obviously the part where I said he honked his horn a MILLION times is an exaggeration.

I could understand if someone doubts that this happened, because it's so bizarre, but trust me, it happened. You should've been there.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 PM

15 posts, read 27,373 times
where

Old 03-16-2016, 08:53 PM

15 posts, read 27,373 times
I loved to travel to Spanish fort back in those days. but my phone always eouldnt get service until late
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area