Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 12:00 PM

651 posts, read 476,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoroanime View Post
It's been almost 3 months since Dave and Buster's opened in Hoover/Birmingham and nearly 5 months since in Huntsville, Mobile is still stuck with these great venues with lesser arcade games section and an awful prize counter. That's why I would rather stick to Chuck E Cheese (which recently got renovated, removing the robots in favor of a dance floor) until both Lazer Zone and Pete's Party Castle revamp their arcades and prizes.

Lazer Zone was first opened when Bel Air Mall had their arcade. For all 5 years, they haven't been improving their arcade and their prize counter. There are a few games that aren't working great and their prize wall isn't that great. There are nothing that you really want at the prize counter, there isn't that much. I tried getting one of the owners to being in more ticket games such as the coin pusher ones and others and have their prize counter filled up with many amazing items, all which they claim that were working on bringing more of them but still yet, they haven't done anything to prove.

Pete's Party Castle has been around for almost a decade and they don't even reach Chuck E Cheese's level. I mean, they have all the great games but there are a few of them that aren't working and their prize counter is filled with cheap items while the expensive ones are so very limited. They haven't even fixed some of the games.

Mobile still deserves a Dave and Buster's Main Event, Round One, and other entertainment venues like them. I loved going to the one that was in Bel Air Mall. I've been enjoying it until it closed down almost 4 years ago. I miss going there alot and I would go anything to make a difference to follow Player's Arcade/Cyberstation example. Player's Arcade/Cyberstation did a very good job at managing their games and prizes.

No offense to Game Over Retro Pub, Gamestation, and Engage Gaming... Those are really amazing gaming/arcade places that must go to but the fun in Mobile isn't the same without the arcade Bel Air Mall used to have back then. I rather stick to Margaritaville's Excape in Biloxi, MS, Eastern Shore Lanes in Spanish Fort, Arcade at OWA in Foley, and Fat Daddy's Arcade in Orange Beach, AL/Destin, FL.
Man, just go to Dollar Tree and TJMax and buy some cheap toys. Why you going to redemption arcades and getting mad at the prizes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 01:54 PM

290 posts, read 382,885 times
https://www.google.com/amp/s/whnt.co...wn-centre/amp/

Huntsville is getting Main Event soon.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:13 PM

139 posts, read 214,705 times
Quote:

Why is it so hard for Mobile to obtain a family friendly center like this?

Old 01-08-2022, 06:29 PM

Surge Entertainment Center is coming to Bel Air Mall on the old old Belk Building.

We still could get a Dave and Buster's in Mobile because of this

Old 01-08-2022, 08:28 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Surge Entertainment Center is coming to Bel Air Mall on the old old Belk Building.

We still could get a Dave and Buster's in Mobile because of this
Or The Main Event "preferred".

Old 01-13-2022, 02:47 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:

February 25th is opening day. I think it's in the old Toys R Us location at Bridge Street. That's only a couple of miles from Dave & Busters.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:37 AM

https://www.al.com/news/2023/01/surg...outputType=amp

Looks like we have achieved getting an arcade in Mobile.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:59 AM

139 posts, read 214,705 times
Quote:
https://www.al.com/news/2023/01/surg...outputType=amp

Looks like we have achieved getting an arcade in Mobile.
Great! Do we know if this facility will have bowling?

Old 01-16-2023, 06:58 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by port25 View Post
Great! Do we know if this facility will have bowling?
It will.

Old 05-28-2023, 07:53 PM

Looks like we don't need to except Dave and Buster's to come to Mobile because Surge is opening on this Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area