Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 05:01 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,225,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Providence seems to be doing fine. We were there 3 or 4 weeks ago and all was well ... a new hotel is under construction (Hilton, I think), and there is already a Hampton Inn there. It's amazing how they've blended the outside appearance of the hotels into the overall theme of the place. I think there are a couple of other things under construction, too, and I seem to recall seeing that another part of the neighborhood is starting. We drove around the houses for a while (had a visitor from out of town), and they are really beautiful. I did a quick google and it appears that Cheeburger-Cheeburger is still there. We went to Mellow Mushroom that evening, but my favorite place is Phuket, the Thai restaurant. Nice and spicy.

There's another development like that in SE Huntsville, supposedly, but I haven't been down that way in a while. I've forgotten what it is called -- Linwood or something similar. There were plans for a similar development in the NE quadrant of I-565 and County Line Rd, but no progress on that, or may not even still be planned. And of course, there's Town Madison that's finally getting a little traction. Lots of dirt being moved around now, and the baseball stadium, apartments, and a couple hotels (Margaritaville and Home 2 Suites) are under construction. No retail yet that I know of.
Thanks for the update my guy.
This was suppose to have been our version.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

They started the first phase and never gotten to the 2nd and so fourth.I hope the other phase will gain traction again.

Last edited by Yac; 08-03-2018 at 02:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 06:14 PM

13,124 posts, read 9,689,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Thanks for the update my guy.
This was suppose to have been our version. Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

They started the first phase and never gotten to the 2nd and so fourth.I hope the other phase will gain traction again.
Any time.

I read the article ... that was a huge development. Too bad it never got off the ground very well. Unfortunately, there are a lot of development announcements that never come to fruition ... they just get folks excited. One thing of note ... $50M went a long way 11 years ago, apparently.

Here's the website for Providence. After looking it over, I need to move there, to a rancher with a basement. I'm getting too old for a two-story house. https://www.villageofprovidence.com

Last edited by Yac; 08-03-2018 at 02:20 AM..

Old 08-02-2018, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Any time.

I read the article ... that was a huge development. Too bad it never got off the ground very well. Unfortunately, there are a lot of development announcements that never come to fruition ... they just get folks excited. One thing of note ... $50M went a long way 11 years ago, apparently.

Here's the website for Providence. After looking it over, I need to move there, to a rancher with a basement. I'm getting too old for a two-story house. https://www.villageofprovidence.com
Ha ! Like wise regarding 2 story dwellings.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:58 AM

427 posts, read 387,265 times
They def built homes for that development. One of my friends parents built an amazing home out there in this giant neighborhood and only like 5 other people decided to as well. The roads aren't paved right so the manhole covers stick out 6 inches and will destroy your car if you aren't paying attention haha. Amazing house though

Old 08-02-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
They def built homes for that development. One of my friends parents built an amazing home out there in this giant neighborhood and only like 5 other people decided to as well. The roads aren't paved right so the manhole covers stick out 6 inches and will destroy your car if you aren't paying attention haha. Amazing house though
That's crazy smh. I need to ask around about the future momentum of that development.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Anyone know what is going in at 210 Dauphin Street? Supposed to be a restaurant

Old 08-08-2018, 02:23 PM

2,456 posts, read 2,263,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Damn it has grown a lot since my days up there, that's good to know. Does Birmingham have a development like that ? I hope the new retail/residential development here in Mobile on Schillinger will be something like it.
I think Mt Laurel is Birmingham's equivalent. It's waaaaay down 280 though. I've never been. I would imagine Providence is bigger.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
I think Mt Laurel is Birmingham's equivalent. It's waaaaay down 280 though. I've never been. I would imagine Providence is bigger.
Gotcha.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:38 AM

203 posts, read 194,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
Anyone know what is going in at 210 Dauphin Street? Supposed to be a restaurant

I believe the Peavy/O'daly's guys are putting in restaurant/bar/music venue. Apparently they're putting a deck and outdoor stage in that driveway next to it.

Peavy and O'daly's have partnered up and are co-owners in their Loda bars

Old 08-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
I believe the Peavy/O'daly's guys are putting in restaurant/bar/music venue. Apparently they're putting a deck and outdoor stage in that driveway next to it.

Peavy and O'daly's have partnered up and are co-owners in their Loda bars
Wonder how that will work with the movies next door? Will the music screw that up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area