Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times

Advertisements

Well back on September 18, StJoeFanatic wrote that she and her hubby were getting ready to move into their new home in another part of St. Joseph in a week, which would put the date at about, hmmm, okay, less than three weeks ago. But my curiosity is killing me!

Are the spatulas unpacked?

Is the computer set back up?

We in the city-data gallery are all continuing to send you our very best wishes for the beginning of much happiness in your new place, for however long you'll wind up living there. Do keep us informed, OK?

Your #1 fan, still here in California, NorthBayEric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 AM

430 posts, read 1,264,023 times
NBEric, haven't heard from STJF for ages....should be unpacked by now you'd think!!

(please keep us in your prayers....got the rental house listed, we showed once and that was IT)...the market is getting very, very tight here in Tucson.....we cannot move to our MO home, nor can I retire until this house is sold!!

Ozark Nana

Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Please be assured that I will definitely keep you in my daily prayers and thoughts. The state of Missouri is beckoning all of us--you, me, Cali Bassman, and others here. It just seems to be one heckuva market nationwide these days. I am hoping to get our own house here in Santa Rosa put up for sale in just a few more weeks. There is one home in St. Joseph in particular that I have my sights set on, but I have to either have a job lined up there first, or better yet, have our house here sold first.

Maybe this thread can be chiefly about StJoeFanatic's new house; and secondarily our efforts to follow in her footsteps in getting moved into homes in Missouri we'll be able to spend many happy years in. Please keep us informed, O. Nana, and the rest of you please pray for her as you did SJF when she was trying to sell her old house! God love ya!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM

430 posts, read 1,264,023 times
Thanks Eric! We'll take all of those prayers you can give right now!!

O.Nana

Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times
I don't got much but I pray for yah Nana....I keep squeezing a nothin.... Drats.... We gotta get that house sold. Yay I was wondering about them folks..... Yooo Hooo calling over the cyber fence.....Drats they ain't listening... Hummmm does anyone got any contact with them

Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 PM

97 posts, read 347,298 times
Default Sorry...AGAIN!

Ok guys, today is really the first time I have had more than 5 free minutes to jump in here to make a report! (although, give me a break, we have only been in the house 12 days!!!!)

Not only have we moved, but my job has suddenly taken a turn, to where I have almost ZERO down-time during the day...and I don't do computers at home, except to pay bills! (I have to work on one 8 hours a day...that is ENOUGH!)

Anyhoo...the "new digs" are just great! I cannot believe how incredibly peaceful and quiet the new neighborhood is! I actually heard the neighbor across the streets front door latch click last night (we all have nice big front yards, so it is a ways across to their door). AND, on top of that, for the first time in 6 years, we are able to OPEN THE WINDOWS! YIPEE! The fresh air is fantastic! (our old house was just that, OLD, so the windows did not open...plus, being on a busy street & corner lot, it would have been noisy anyway).

We just last night got to the point where we can park one of two vehicles in the garage. About another hour or so tonight, and we will have room for both!

I have all the furniture where it is going to go in the entire house, and have the entire kitchen completely unpacked/put away/organized, etc. The master closet is unpacked and organized. All 3 bathrooms are unpacked, and ready. And, as I said before, the garage is almost completely finished (we had to build a work bench, install shelves, and put up all kinds of peg board, brackets, hangers, etc)

But, as far as everything else...well, it is ALL in boxes in the basement. I did that on purpose...I don't like looking at boxes, let alone, living with them, or having to walk around them, etc...so, the rest of our "life" is in boxes in the basement. Every night, after dinner, I go downstairs, see if there is anything I want to bring up. If I do, I do, if I don't, I don't.

See, the longer all that stuff sits down there unpacked, the less I care about it...so, come spring, whatever is left down there, will go into the nicest, biggest garage sale we have EVER had!

So, again, I apologize for not responding sooner, but as you can see, we are actually as busy now as before (maybe more so!)

Thanks for thinking of us!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times
Hey my cyber call did work..... I am so glad everything great for you StJoeFanatic. Sounds like your adjusting well so far and you had a safe and great move. Well you just relax but do hurry back to keep us all posted. We CARE!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM

12 days, you say? 12 days? Don't you think you should be quite a bit further along in getting settled at your new place? Look how much the main character's true love managed to give her during the 12 days of Christmas, for goodness' sake!

That giant sucking sound I think I'm hearing is my rep points, going from 136 to zero in, how many seconds??!!!

It all sounds wonderful, to get on a serious note here. Once again, you certainly don't need to apologize to me or any of the rest of us; I had thought you'd have been at the new place closer to three weeks, and here I didn't even give you two weeks before doing the equivalent of acting like a hotshot news reporter shoving a microphone in your face and asking, So how's the new place?? Huh?? Huh??? At least you have the discipline to take whatever is still in those boxes downstairs and sell it at a garage sale after a little while! I can remember when I moved from Florissant to Hazelwood and the stuff just stayed in boxes. Period. Then when we moved back to Florissant four years after that, a lot of that stuff was still in those boxes in the unfinished area of the basement. By then I think we managed to get rid of some of it. This was nearly 30 years ago. I'm still a pack rat, and have an awful time parting with all my junk. I think it's going to be easier this time around when the next big move comes for my better half and I.

I can't blame you at all either on how much time you're at the computer. Getting neck stiffness or carpal tunnel syndrome is no fun at all. Thankfully I haven't gotten afflicted with the latter despite my years working at the library's circulation desk. But spending all hours in front of my computer earning my degree mainly online made me pretty stiff-necked at times.

I had no idea about your not being able to open your windows! Yeeeeshh! When I was looking at some houses there on my trip, some of those windows wouldn't open either, but I just figured you didn't have that problem. Ahhhhh...... just think when you have your first 70-degree day after a long winter and you get to open the windows to your new house and have that nice fragrant air come in...... And you can enjoy doing that for a little longer now before it gets too cold.

No place like home! Was it the Cowardly Lion who said, "Ain't it the truth?"

__________________________________________________ _________

NB Eric sez: "Give me Liberty or give me...St. Joseph! Heck, I'd be thrilled with either!"

Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Hey my cyber call did work..... I am so glad everything great for you StJoeFanatic. Sounds like your adjusting well so far and you had a safe and great move. Well you just relax but do hurry back to keep us all posted. We CARE!
And....it's not that big of a romp from Macon to old St. Joe! Hope everything is working out great for you too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri