Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2006, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,732 times

Advertisements

Thinking about moving south from north mn and might have a place available in Corcoran. Any thoughts on this city?

Could be working near airport or any other large hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2006, 07:53 AM

336 posts, read 513,134 times
Corcoran might be good if you are looking for rural feeling without being too far out. The commute to the airport would be terrible though. I would look for a similar town closer to the same side of the metro area as the airport rather than completely across from it, unless you don't mind the long commute in traffic.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:54 PM

102 posts, read 622,103 times
Okay, if you are looking for a country town close to the suburban towns Corcoran is good for you (it borders Maple Grove), but I definatly agree with T.S.-the commute would be absolutly insane!! It would take at least an hour to get to work, and a few hours to get home during rush hour!!! Personally, I don't like the country, so you wouldn't like any of the towns I like. But for a country person working at the airport, I would recommend townships south of the MN river near I-35 so you could have an OK commute. Some townships in the area would be Credit River TWP, New Market TWP, and Eureka TWP.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:24 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
If you want a smaller town feel with a reasonable commute, try Cannon Falls.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 PM

102 posts, read 622,103 times
Another great area to live for the type of person I'm guessing you are, would be southern Inver Grove Heights, and northern Rosemount, which is a similar enviroment to Corcoran, but a WAY better commute to the airport. If you lived there, you could take a short drive on highway 55 strait to the airport! I must warn you though, land in the metro is way more expensive than I'm sure you're used to, and remeber- there is such thing as eminent domain, so if you buy lots of land in the outskirts of the metro, you might have a development or shopping center built on the land that used to be yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota