Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 06:17 PM

401 posts, read 318,975 times

Advertisements

This has to be a joke- at the Target Center you're not allowed to bring in your purse?! They say a wallet or a small clutch only. No wallet or small clutch is going to fit all my necessities I travel with! Would they really not let you in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2023, 10:04 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,400,285 times
What "necessities" do you need that you can't be without for a few hours? According to their website, diaper bags and medical bags (whatever that means) are acceptable. Perhaps you can get yourself one of these "medical bags" to carry all of your "necessities" in.

Or maybe get yourself a huge coat that has giant pockets. Or perhaps find a way to travel without so many "necessities", just like all of the other people inside of the Target Center will be able to do.

If it's feminine hygiene products that you're worried about, they are apparently "available free of charge at Guest Services in Section 116". So there you go. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2023, 10:15 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Lol... The necessities needed for shopping...
Leave them in your car. Take just your wallet. What else you need while in the store, shopping??
I am often amazed what women carry in their humongous bags. 90% is not ever needed.
Men can be happy with just a wallet or phone (pay touchless, cashless, wireless AND convenient with a phone). Most phone cases can utilize credit card.
That's what I use and carry with me when going to the store.
No one look at me as a potential thief. I like that feeling...

I recently noticed that our Walmart has lockers at the entry. For big bags and backpacks. Great idea!!
Or you rather would see every product behind locked cases??

Old 02-18-2023, 11:06 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,400,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Leave them in your car. Take just your wallet. What else you need while in the store, shopping??
I am often amazed what women carry in their humongous bags. 90% is not ever needed.
Men can be happy with just a wallet or phone (pay touchless, cashless, wireless AND convenient with a phone). Most phone cases can utilize credit card.

I recently noticed that our Walmart has lockers at the entry. For big bags and backpacks. Great idea!!

Nice try, but Target Center isn't a store. It's a professional basketball arena. The 2nd oldest one in the USA after Madison Square Gardens in NYC, and the reason for the ban isn't because they're afraid people are going to steal basketballs. Or at least I don't think it is.

Old 02-18-2023, 11:14 PM

Oh, my bad!!
Maybe it's about bringing a booze?

It looks like their policy has been recently updated:

"Small bags are allowed inside the stadium during games. Soft-sided purses and clutch bags, tote bags, diaper bags, and single compartment drawstring bags are all allowed. Small backpacks are allowed if they are clear. Nothing bigger than 16" by 16" by 8" is allowed, so plan accordingly. Be prepared that any bags you do bring inside are subject to search by security staff.
Often, the easiest thing to do is drop off your bags at a Minneapolis bag storage before you go to the stadium. That way, large bags can be safely stored for you until you're ready to pick them up. Not having to worry about your belongings means you can focus on enjoying the game and your time at Target field."

https://usebounce.com/guides/minneap...-field/visitor

Last edited by elnina; 02-18-2023 at 11:23 PM..

Old 02-18-2023, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
What "necessities" do you need that you can't be without for a few hours? According to their website, diaper bags and medical bags (whatever that means) are acceptable. Perhaps you can get yourself one of these "medical bags" to carry all of your "necessities" in.

Or maybe get yourself a huge coat that has giant pockets. Or perhaps find a way to travel without so many "necessities", just like all of the other people inside of the Target Center will be able to do.

If it's feminine hygiene products that you're worried about, they are apparently "available free of charge at Guest Services in Section 116". So there you go. Good luck!
I have Autism and anxiety, I struggle with not having everything I need with me. Everywhere i go, I carry a purse and an extra bag filled with anything I could need if anything should happen. I'm phobic of big cities (i'm from an hour away) so this will be extra stressful without all my things. Of course I will live without needing that extra bag but I do need my phone, portable phone charger, car keys, money, glucose tablets, gloves, and all my cards with me. It's just a rule that makes NO sense, when they search your purses anyway. I HAVE brought purses there before before I knew the rule and I've seen other people with bigger purses than mine, so what I'm trying to figure out is what the actual rule is because apparently they break it all the time. I just can't take that chance because I've been wanting to see this band for 17 years and I'll be damned if I get stuck outside in the cold while my friends go in all because my purse was a few inches smaller than their rule says. Yeah I can go out and buy a jacket that has multiple pockets but I'd be bringing in the same stuff that would have been in my purse anyway so it just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 02-18-2023, 11:30 PM

Quote:

Shopping? No, i'm talking about the Target Center in Minneapolis, where they have concerts. I won't have my car there with me, we're taking an Uber, so there will be nowhere to leave my stuff. I elaborated in another comment about why I have so much stuff but to keep it short, I'm Autustic with an anxiety disorder and a phobia of big cities so it would be the perfect storm for a meltown if I can't at least have a small purse with even 1/5 of the stuff I normally carry with me everywhere in case I lose my friends which is very possible.

Old 02-18-2023, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Oh, my bad!!
Maybe it's about bringing a booze?

It looks like their policy has been recently updated:

"Small bags are allowed inside the stadium during games. Soft-sided purses and clutch bags, tote bags, diaper bags, and single compartment drawstring bags are all allowed. Small backpacks are allowed if they are clear. Nothing bigger than 16" by 16" by 8" is allowed, so plan accordingly. Be prepared that any bags you do bring inside are subject to search by security staff.
Often, the easiest thing to do is drop off your bags at a Minneapolis bag storage before you go to the stadium. That way, large bags can be safely stored for you until you're ready to pick them up. Not having to worry about your belongings means you can focus on enjoying the game and your time at Target field."

https://usebounce.com/guides/minneap...-field/visitor
No, that's Target Field, not Target Center. Two completely different places.

Old 02-19-2023, 03:39 AM

Yes, I see...
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Got confused - they are separate buildings but right across the street from each other.

Went back to their website and read about items NOT permitted and the list is very long.
Yes, no purses bigger than 5"x9". Not much you can put there...

I don't think I would like to go there. Insane restrictions. Why those strict restrictions at this place and a bit more relaxed at the other?

https://www.targetcenter.com/arena-info/faqs

Old 02-19-2023, 06:16 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaGoddess View Post
This has to be a joke- at the Target Center you're not allowed to bring in your purse?! They say a wallet or a small clutch only. No wallet or small clutch is going to fit all my necessities I travel with! Would they really not let you in?
The last time I 'travelled' to Target Center was in July. Of course, I didn't have luggage, so 'travel' is a strange way to word it. I drove from my home (about 45 miles south), parked in an adjacent ramp, had dinner at a nearby establishment, and then went to the concert.

I'm pretty sure I had my wallet and phone. I usually carry a Leatherman, but I knew enough to leave that in the car. Were it winter, I'd probably have a small travel tube of lotion (my hands get so dry and cracked in the winter air) but I'm hard pressed to imagine what I could possibly need other than that. And certainly nothing that wouldn't fit in the aforementioned 5"x9" dimensions. Hardly seems a bother at all, much less some deal-breaking burden.

For comparison, I checked the United Center (Chicago's equivalent). They limit bags/purses/etc. to 10"x6". Maybe those two extra inches make all the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota