Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 10:58 PM

139 posts, read 365,969 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a cat-friendly small apartment in an entirely new city--and I am picking Rochester!
What can you tell me about the cheapest places of the town/city to rent in and good places to look.....I plan on loading the car and driving up there next week, place or no place. I'm breaking out of PA! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 06:12 PM

9 posts, read 22,724 times
well you probably should line up a place from where you are. Do you intend on living in a car with your cat for a while until you find a place? If you are financially stable you should get a place lined up from PA. And by the way I dont know what you are excited about. Rochester isnt really exciting...this whole time period we're in as humanity isn't really exciting. Its a lot more excruciating and challenging than exciting. And this whole country has very little to be excited about. It feels to me like one massive highway. It'd be one thing if you were hopping over to a european city that was actually livable. Then I would say maybe there is a reason to be somewhat excited. I think you should lower your excitement before anything and get a place lined up for sure.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:27 PM

Default Debbie Downer

Have you ever moved? I like a fresh start once in a while.
I read a couple articles about Rochester that say it's one of the best small cities to relocate to. I'm looking for colder weather than PA.
I am trying to find a place. Just wanted to know if anyone had any leads.

Old 11-09-2021, 06:40 PM

9 posts, read 22,724 times
yea I apologize. I just feel like theres not much to be excited about in this country particularly. It feels like one large pointless highway and endless consumerism, financial pressure. I feel like theres no fulfilling point to being here. And the more people realize that consumerism and driving around is not actually fulfilling the sooner we can start building cities that are actually livable, so theres more to do than driving on a highway and buying stuff...and of course working all week to support those activities.

I've been to rochester and I've been all over PA. I would rather be in MN than PA. If I was gonna choose a place I'd probably go with st. cloud, mankato or rochester in that order. But I'd rather be in a college town than a small city with no college

Old 11-09-2021, 06:57 PM

615 posts, read 340,440 times
Rochester and surrounding small towns (Byron, Stewartville, Mantorville, etc) is a nice area. Rent is a reasonable as can be expected, and is actually less than the Minneapolis / St Paul area. Very nice parks and walking trails. Robust Community Ed offerings. Excellent medical care at either Olmsted Medical or Mayo Clinic. Lots of professional and service industry jobs. Go for it.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:12 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Padmapper is a good rental website people have mentioned in the past. I’d look at realtor and find areas with more expensive homes and see if any rental places are within the area, nice homes are not in bad parts of town. Not once have I ever heard someone I know say let’s go to Rochester for weekend, but let’s go to Duluth is said nonstop.

Old 08-21-2023, 12:17 AM

Default Thanks!

I've changed my mind...Duluth it is!
Still excited

Old 10-08-2023, 04:26 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
Yikes! Is this how the bots are typing now? This wins for biggest wall of text I've ever not read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota