Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 02:59 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I believe the point some are making here is that if Ol' Marky D was a Repug, the narrative would be different; He would be a cradle robbing perv, and her a vapid, gold-digging bimbo/harlot, and the relationship would be shallow, superficial and phony-and you all know it.

All of you who are so enchanted with the Daytons marriage, I'm fairly certain had a less charitable analysis of the TRumps marriage.

Is this story news-worthy? Not really, but the ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards ARE. When I lived in Minny, most everyone there made sure to hammer the point home about how intelligent, fair, enlightened, and "above" everyone else they were; yet their actions proved that they are no better than those they look down on.
Find an example of a poster who was ‘enchanted’ with this marriage but was less charitable to Trump’s marriage. I’ll be waiting. Outside of being able to provide specific examples of this alleged hypocrisy (of which I have doubts actually exist) you are doing nothing beyond playing thought police.

In the meantime we can probably move on as gossiping about a retired politician’s love life, in my opinion, is extremely boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 03:41 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Find an example of a poster who was ‘enchanted’ with this marriage but was less charitable to Trump’s marriage. I’ll be waiting. Outside of being able to provide specific examples of this alleged hypocrisy (of which I have doubts actually exist) you are doing nothing beyond playing thought police.

In the meantime we can probably move on as gossiping about a retired politician’s love life, in my opinion, is extremely boring.
And yet here you are.... repeatedly.

Old 12-08-2020, 04:33 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Yes, we should change to topic to that of Ilhan Omar's husband's consulting firm which, in addition to receiving $2.8 million from the Omar campaign since they became lovers, also got $600,000 from the Covid stimulus programs. Explain how they needed the Covid money when Omar was shoveling campaign contributions his way?

https://alphanewsmn.com/consulting-f...-covid-relief/

Little Miss Hot Mess Omar has certainly enriched herself through the years of marriage, divorce, marriage, divorce, and now marriage again. Certainly not a Hallmark movie in it, but perhaps Netflix can shovel some money her way just like they did with the Obamas.

Oh, was I off topic? Sorry.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:04 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
And yet here you are.... repeatedly.
To be fair none of my comments were about the marriage news and as a result I was called out for going “off topic.”

Old 12-09-2020, 06:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I suppose that’s for the reader to decide....which is why several publications including our lovely Star Tribune ran the story. I found it interesting so I posted it. I also noticed that at least one person (post # 8) has already gone off topic with a political reply and yet amazingly their post stays untouched. Explanation your highness?
It is interesting - I wasn't aware of it. Glad you posted it. Gad I miss Daytons Dept Store - the best ever-there will never be another like it.

These guys that marry so young do seem like fools.

Old 12-10-2020, 06:11 PM

356 posts, read 443,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfocostarica View Post
The guy was running for office(s) since I was in high school in the 70s. Lost most races but did finally win what secretary of state? and he was governor too no? Never worked a day in his life other than politics.
Not true. I remember an interview with him before he got into politics, he was maybe in his late 20's, where he said being born into a wealth family carried a responsibility to give back to society. After he left college he became an inner city teacher (in NYC I think) in order to serve society. Later he got into politics for the same reason. I always had respect for the man after that interview.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:37 PM

441 posts, read 438,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I believe the point some are making here is that if Ol' Marky D was a Repug, the narrative would be different; He would be a cradle robbing perv, and her a vapid, gold-digging bimbo/harlot, and the relationship would be shallow, superficial and phony-and you all know it.

All of you who are so enchanted with the Daytons marriage, I'm fairly certain had a less charitable analysis of the TRumps marriage.

Is this story news-worthy? Not really, but the ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards ARE. When I lived in Minny, most everyone there made sure to hammer the point home about how intelligent, fair, enlightened, and "above" everyone else they were; yet their actions proved that they are no better than those they look down on.
FACT trump is an ADULTER how's that play with your so called Christian values? I have no knowledge of the politics of the person and who ever really cares about who he married really has ZERO life if all thy can do is B**^ about it.

If he is wealthy he probably has some sort of pre nup arranged so she can't take him to the cleaners. if he doesn't well then he is pretty stupid.

I totally agree with you on people "being above board" when in reality most times they are hypocritical idiots. They try to say they are good until they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That is true on both sides of the aisle

Old 12-12-2020, 04:18 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
He may have been in politics but this has nothing to do with politics. Left~right~middle - who the H cares.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:34 AM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
FACT trump is an ADULTER how's that play with your so called Christian values? I have no knowledge of the politics of the person and who ever really cares about who he married really has ZERO life if all thy can do is B**^ about it.

If he is wealthy he probably has some sort of pre nup arranged so she can't take him to the cleaners. if he doesn't well then he is pretty stupid.

I totally agree with you on people "being above board" when in reality most times they are hypocritical idiots. They try to say they are good until they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That is true on both sides of the aisle
True, and as Clinton said, "I did NOT have sex with that woman". (quote and proven lie). A man of impeccable character.

It was open season on Trump by today's media even before the inauguration. The story concerning Dayton is newsworthy by the very standards established by this same media.

This thing with hooking up with a trophy wife is done all the time with celebrities from all sides of the aisle. It says nothing about Dayton as a person, but it IS newsworthy. He's rich, powerful and thus able to attract women looking exactly for guys like him. Only time will tell if she makes the top 10 or if this hookup is more than that.

Last edited by jmgg; 12-12-2020 at 07:56 AM..

Old 12-12-2020, 12:17 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Yeah , actually both. Isn’t that why you libs hate Trump ? He’s white, wealthy , and married to a woman half his age. Hypocritical at its finest . I bet if your boy Dayton was a republican he would be crucified under your own breath.
You are not a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota