Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,090,697 times

Advertisements

Definitely a woman’s input is needed along with the men. If he’s into you though and you’re into him it’s all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 06:01 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,723,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I got it, but men (most men) don’t pay attention to the kind of stuff she’s asking about. That’s a woman thing down the line IMO. Guys aren’t aware of how they act, they just act - and then the women are the ones who outline it all.

Plus, how do you know a national forum couldn’t help? You think she’s the only out of stater to ever become involved with a guy from Minnesota?
Many men are more self-aware than you give us credit for. Put this in a national forum and you get a bunch of opinions from the east and west coast that people need to emote. Waste of time. Got a regional question? Put it in a regional forum like the OP did.

And wasn’t your first instinct to call her a troll?

Old 05-18-2019, 06:30 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Many men are more self-aware than you give us credit for. Put this in a national forum and you get a bunch of opinions from the east and west coast that people need to emote. Waste of time. Got a regional question? Put it in a regional forum like the OP did.

And wasn’t your first instinct to call her a troll?
You really live to start pissing matches, don't you?

Yeah, I said it might be a troll post, and apologized in advance if I was wrong. Trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Go ahead and take the wheel with your superior expertise, though. Maybe I can learn something about who I am through your infinite wisdom.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:15 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,723,596 times
Quote:
You really live to start pissing matches, don't you?

Yeah, I said it might be a troll post, and apologized in advance if I was wrong. Trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Go ahead and take the wheel with your superior expertise, though. Maybe I can learn something about who I am through your infinite wisdom.
Sorry. I disagreed with you before I realized that wasn’t allowed.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 AM

12,056 posts, read 8,455,279 times
Here's another woman's perspective -

It's not a Northern thing per se. It's a cultural thing, I think.

If your community is small and was based on northern European descendants it will probably be somewhat reserved from the perspective of people, for instance, descendant of Equator cultures.

Maybe long days bundled up in winter clothing or warm homes led to a less carefree culture. Or perhaps it was the heavier toll of work required to have a good standard of living. There is that tendency to depression, also.

I like to think from a humorous point of view that it can get too cold to afford to give any warmth away.

There's that old Norwegian joke, "He loved his girlfriend so much he almost told her once." LOL

Old 05-19-2019, 04:37 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,607,321 times
Quote:
I got it, but men (most men) don’t pay attention to the kind of stuff she’s asking about. That’s a woman thing down the line IMO. Guys aren’t aware of how they act, they just act - and then the women are the ones who outline it all.

Plus, how do you know a national forum couldn’t help? You think she’s the only out of stater to ever become involved with a guy from Minnesota?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHI6...tCdww&index=23

Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 PM

5 posts, read 2,583 times
Seems to me you should be talking to your guy about all this, especially if you like him so much. Communication is key in a relationship. Like Tyryztoll says, more than likely he's unaware of how he's acting. So talk to him.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 PM

12,056 posts, read 8,455,279 times
Yeah, but - Like Harleys, if you have to explain it he won't get it.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:17 AM

3,803 posts, read 5,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
There's that old Norwegian joke, "He loved his girlfriend so much he almost told her once." LOL
Or the Norwegian farmer whose wife complained that he never told her that he loved her.

He replied, "I told you that I loved you on our wedding day, and I'll let you know if things ever change."

Old 05-23-2019, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 2,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Yeah, but - Like Harleys, if you have to explain it he won't get it.

I couldn't disagree more. With that mentality, why should anyone ever want to be in a relationship if communication is useless? Relationships RELY on communication to be successful!

As long as men are actively listening and truly want to understand, they can and will. I'm not saying women will always communicate perfectly. Not at all! But communication is a two-sided endeavor. If there's confusion, guys should ask questions in order to get to he heart of the matter as well, and they should WANT to. There's nothing better in a relationship than the peace that comes from being understood and having matters resolved. How will guys know what women like/appreciate/want unless women communicate it to them? And how will girls know if their guys don't tell them? Hence, why I recommend her communicating with her guy. This matter of communication becomes even more important in this day and age where men are constantly on edge about what they do and say. Things that were once considered "common courtesy," like opening doors and treating women like ladies, they are now vilified for. I'd argue they need communication more than girls do!

If this gentleman loves her in return as much as she appears to, why wouldn't he want to understand or try to accommodate her in these areas? Women really aren't that complicated you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota