Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,218 times

Advertisements

Ok I lived in St.Cloud for over 18yrs. I believe there is a lot of racism in st.cloud. Most of this is due to the old redneck hicks who have never actually left Minnesota, much less the St.cloud area their whole life. With the large increase in minorities coming to st.cloud over the last few years I believe many of the Redneck hicks could not handle in their small minded brains actually having a group of people with a real culture and new way of living come to their city. This what a man actually told me while i was working at a grocery store" i moved back to St.cloud from the Arizona because mexico took it over and now I come here and its the same thing here now". Now yes there are alot of nice people in st.cloud that are not ignorant, but many of them have came from out state or from the burbs. It sad that a bunch of people have plagued this city with their ignorant minds.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenend2 View Post
Ok I lived in St.Cloud for over 18yrs. I believe there is a lot of racism in st.cloud. Most of this is due to the old redneck hicks who have never actually left Minnesota, much less the St.cloud area their whole life. With the large increase in minorities coming to st.cloud over the last few years I believe many of the Redneck hicks could not handle in their small minded brains actually having a group of people with a real culture and new way of living come to their city. This what a man actually told me while i was working at a grocery store" i moved back to St.cloud from the Arizona because mexico took it over and now I come here and its the same thing here now". Now yes there are alot of nice people in st.cloud that are not ignorant, but many of them have came from out state or from the burbs. It sad that a bunch of people have plagued this city with their ignorant minds.
Sounds alot like parts of GA.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,186 times
st cloud has got to be the worst place i have ever lived. i have never seen a people as completely ignorant in every way as what i have found here. if i never see i again, it will be too soon.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,258,266 times
Yes, there is racism in St. Cloud, mostly coming from the locals. As pointed out on page one of the thread, racism in the north is more covert. It is mostly just ignorance as these people come from an almost all white place, and not out-right hatred. People will know better then to openly admit to it (or are scared to?) unless they know their company.

Racism is bad enough of a social ill, and not to downplay it, but you'll probably find the drunken college kids out every weekend to more of a problem.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:28 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
This thread has lived it's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota