Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 04:05 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
Say what you want to say, but the Vikes will kickoff the 2016 season in Arden Hills, MN... These forums are saved for years, so come back and read this thread then and we'll see who's eating crow.
It took me a while to stumble back across this, but who is eating crow now buddy? Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 04:53 PM

6,573 posts, read 7,169,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsid View Post
I live just west of Minneapolis, and I'm all for events that bring people and $ to the Twin Cities.
This however, is not likely to bring lots of people and lots of TV coverage to Minneapolis.

As I mentioned, the WCHA Final Five - a popular tournament with lots of history, didn't draw when the Gophers didn't make it. Why would this tournament draw when the only school in the entire league that has a traveling fan base, is UND? College hockey isn't a big draw period, except in a few markets. Did you watch any of the regionals last year - many of those games were played in virtually empty arenas.

The whole NCHC is a joke. The remaining WCHA schools would have been better off sticking together.
Hahaha this is funny now. It’s by a landslide the best conference in the country. UMD has won 3 national championships since this post, plus UND won another.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:41 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Fella in St. Louis told me that the Rams are threatening to move to LA if they don't get stadium upgrades. Given how poorly the Rams and Raiders did there, I doubt any owner seriously wants to relocate to LA. Empty threats.
Another post that didn’t age well…you still alive Glenfield?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota