Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 PM

69 posts, read 147,696 times

Advertisements

Hi:
I'm coming up for a few Twins games in a few weeks. I'm staying at the Days Inn University. Do you see any problems with the # 16 bus after a night game?? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM

200 posts, read 601,883 times
The only problem you would encounter is dealing with being on a crowded bus. Otherwise, you'll be fine.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM

88 posts, read 302,200 times
I've seen it be anywhere from super crowded and noisy to just a few people at that time. Never experienced anything you wouldn't get on any other line though. I'd say go for it.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM

6,620 posts, read 16,621,809 times
The 16 line between the Metrodome and Days Inn is fine. If there WAS any trouble (not that there would be), it'd most likely be on the segment from Snelling to downtown St Paul, way east of wher you will be riding..

Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM

3 posts, read 12,566 times
Smile Bus #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawk1 View Post
Hi:
I'm coming up for a few Twins games in a few weeks. I'm staying at the Days Inn University. Do you see any problems with the # 16 bus after a night game?? Thanks!!
Just sit up by the bus driver, and you'll be fine.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Thanks for the info!

Thanks to all who responded. Say, while we're talking baseball....what's the area like surrounding the new Target Field...good, bad, indifferent??

Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,576,352 times
Target Field doesn't open until 2010. Anyways, its a very urban environment for a stadium -- one of the smallest lot footprints in baseball (on par with Fenway). If the site were thirty feet shorter, it couldn't have been built there. Hell, it goes right over the Burlington railroad tracks. The area will fill in nicely eventually, and in the meantime it is an acceptable place to have it. The light rail line is getting extended, but the platform is only as wide as a double garage. The intermodal station will be eventually built nearby. There are alot of old warehouses within a couple blocks, which will be much more vibrant when the stadium opens. However, it is still directly abutted by the garbage incinerator, a mammoth parking garage and an ugly side of the Target Center. When it opens it will be a wash. In ten or twenty years they will replace the Target Center and that side will be more attractive and the site will be much more attractive while maintaining some painful flaws. The actual plaza will feel painfully planned, but should still be neat. Overall, they could have done much worse. They were originally going to put it where the Guthrie is now. The lot would have been bigger, but I think it would have felt more cramped because it would have faced a two lane street.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,015,384 times
Did anyone notice there is a factory directly beside Target Field? It is very annoying to me when I tried to walk around the stadium and found that I had to walk around the factory. Maybe this is due to construction but the fact that it is beside a factory doesn't leave good impression on me. The other side of the factory is very depressing. There is even a citgo gas station which has long been abandoned I believe, because I never noticed Minneapolis has any citgo gas station ever since I came here four years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Target Field doesn't open until 2010. Anyways, its a very urban environment for a stadium -- one of the smallest lot footprints in baseball (on par with Fenway). If the site were thirty feet shorter, it couldn't have been built there. Hell, it goes right over the Burlington railroad tracks. The area will fill in nicely eventually, and in the meantime it is an acceptable place to have it. The light rail line is getting extended, but the platform is only as wide as a double garage. The intermodal station will be eventually built nearby. There are alot of old warehouses within a couple blocks, which will be much more vibrant when the stadium opens. However, it is still directly abutted by the garbage incinerator, a mammoth parking garage and an ugly side of the Target Center. When it opens it will be a wash. In ten or twenty years they will replace the Target Center and that side will be more attractive and the site will be much more attractive while maintaining some painful flaws. The actual plaza will feel painfully planned, but should still be neat. Overall, they could have done much worse. They were originally going to put it where the Guthrie is now. The lot would have been bigger, but I think it would have felt more cramped because it would have faced a two lane street.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:52 AM

200 posts, read 601,883 times
That Citgo gas station is still open, or at least it was a year ago when I was last there. It's pretty easy to miss if you aren't in the area much. Anyway, it's an odd place to put a stadium considering what's around it, but like Minnehahapolitan said, they certainly could have done worse.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM

I've heard that there are a lot of bars, restaurants, and other places to hang out after a game in the target field/target center area....is this true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul