Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,871 times

Advertisements

Do you need insurance to take the test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 23,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin-simpson View Post
Do you need insurance to take the test?
The car must be under insurance. That's the card you will need to present to the DMV, it will be under the car owner's (or leaser's) name. You do not need personal insurance to take the test (or your own car, they make the assumption you do not have a car and are borrowing for the test.)

Old 10-18-2015, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,755 times
I am so so sad i can not pass my driving test i fail 3 times already I took it in Eagan and this will be my 4th time taking it!( I just pray that i pass it. This time I will take it in chaska a lot of people tell me Chaska is easier than most places I'll see. ..((((  Does anybody know if someone fails the 4th time and they go through the driving classes , is it true that the same instructor will give a sing paper to get your license or do you have to go take the exam again????? Please somebody help me out ??? Thanks a lot

Old 10-18-2015, 05:03 PM

171 posts, read 195,449 times
does anyone have the answer key for the eye exam?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,719 times
I have a appointment to take my test in thursday in Eagan. Do you think its best to have a driving school car to take it? Also how hard is it to read there course signs?

Old 11-25-2015, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 6,644 times
[COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][COLOR="rgb(244, 164, 96)"][/color][/color]I've been driving for 15 years, I had my road test on Monday. The examiner was a ghetto black male with tattoos on he's hands, He's vibe was not friendly. I had a horrible experience, I was a victim of a dirty scam/fraud/corruption. He failed me on purpose and filled out untruthful errors, he put me to comeback and re-take the test after a weeks practice. He then looked at me in the eyes smiling and repeated three times if I was sure I wanted to come back in a week, I continuously said of course and by the last time I asked why? He offered to pass me for $200. I immediately said no way! And then he said ok then comeback in a week and then he got off my car. I immediately got upset after realizing he tried to fool me because I'm a minoriti, I thought it was very unfair I wasted my time because of he's unethical plan to take advantage of minorities. I parked and went inside the office to report it to the manager, she didn't seem shocked when I told her what had just happened, she said she would have to do an investigation and that someone would call me later, I asked for the examiners name and she didn't want to give it to me. I told her that person had no integrity and should not be working in there, I told her I didn't want to wait a week to retake the test, she said there was a statue and she couldn't do anything. It's not fair, this place runs corruption with minorities and has no integrity..

Old 11-25-2015, 09:32 AM

109 posts, read 188,755 times
If it is true that an examiner attempted to solicit a bribe from you, please report it to the MN DPS Driver and Vehicle Services or the Office of the Inspector General. There are some contacts on this page -- you could send an e-mail:

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/con...s/default.aspx

Old 11-25-2015, 12:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cielpur View Post
If it is true that an examiner attempted to solicit a bribe from you, please report it to the MN DPS Driver and Vehicle Services or the Office of the Inspector General. There are some contacts on this page -- you could send an e-mail:

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/con...s/default.aspx

any examiner that has to put up with some of these idiots should get paid a couple extra hundred bucks

Old 06-17-2017, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,806 times
Default All about Plymouth MN road test- updated version June 17th, 2017

I took my test yesterday at Plymouth. Here's the rundown for the full course!
You'll arrive at The Plymouth station, have all documents prepared, (driving log, white card, parental completion card, Social Security card, and permit.) They'll have you pull into lane 1, 2, 3, or 4. Look over the card they give you, it has the car controls they will test you on.
-seat adjustment
-mirror adjustment
-defrost
-windshield wipers
-seatbelt
-fan control
-emergency parking brake
-hazard lights
-signals
-lights

You'll be in a closed course that resembles streets. After checking the items above, the inspector will preview the course with you and ask if you have questions. If you don't have questions, they'll start you on the test. They're not allowed to trick you so don't worry. You'll turn right onto a one way; turn into the correct lane that you were originally in. You'll reach a yield sign, and for driving course number one, turn right. Keep the turn close to the curb and turn the wheel hand over hand smoothly. From there you will cornerback into a small turn around. If you're waiting for somebody to finish, keep your foot on the brake. *Don't park!* When they finish, use your signal and begin corner backing. Be sure to leave a gap between your car and the cones when lining up to start the turn. Relax and take it slow. My inspector gave me several tips and told me it doesn't matter if you hit the base of the cones. When you're done, signal and pull out. Parallel parking is next. Again, relax. There's a misleading bump in the road which makes you think you hit the curb, just continue. After that, you'll signal out and follow the road onto a two way from the one way without any warning the road changes. *Watch the lines in the road!* Don't turn onto oncoming traffic, turn to the correct lane. Every time you make a lane change or are getting ready to turn, SMOG (signal, mirror, over the shoulder, go). When you look behind you, pause for a second to show the inspector you're really looking. Next, you have to stop at a blind intersection. Stop BEFORE the stop sign, then creep up and stop again. Finally, you'll SMOG over, turn on hazards and they'll tell you to park uphill with a curb (or downhill). For uphill with curb, turn on your hazards, park, then pull the parking brake and turn the wheel to the left. That's the end of the test. You'll review and they will ask you what you think you made mistakes on. They'll tell you if you passed or failed. If you passed, congratulations! Go fill out the form to become a licensed driver inside. If not, it's okay, reschedule as soon as possible.

Tips:
-Have all records prepared beforehand.
-Have a clean car
-Be friendly and look nice.
-They won't trick you, so follow what thy say.
-Take a deep breath, there's only 2 outcomes.

You'll be great! Good luck!
~Kate

Old 06-18-2017, 06:26 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
with the proliferation of rear facing cameras nowadays, do they even require you to look out the rear window?

what about cars that parallel park themselves? I would suppose you could activate that feature and just sit there with your hands covering your eyes.

also, do not dismiss the strategy of incorporating driver examiner intimidation either, it certainly can't hurt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul