Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM

1 posts

Advertisements

Hello- New here-

I am currently teaching in Minnesota with a license in 5-8 All Science and 9-12 Life science, plus I teach Chemistry on a variance. I have for 4 years and now my superintendent is pushing me to pursue my Chem license because I have shown interest in receiving it- however- since Minnesota has shifted their science licensure program I am able to "test out" of this license without needing to attend college classes. Meaning I would earn no graduate credits. Thus, they have no obligation to extend any lane changes for my new license that benefits them greatly. They have offered a one time stipend for the hours that I spend studying for the test. Some quick figures by the superintendent came out to about 2500 dollars for my time.

I am struggling here with this though because they are asking me to demonstrate mastery of the subject and provide proof of that with a new/additional license in my field. But I would receive no year over year salary increase with the lane changes. it could be between 24-36 credits when calculated, because that is the amount of classwork expected for a student acheiving a minor/major in chemistry that would be elligable otherwise to take this exam.

I am reaching out to my union tomorrow to get some perspective from her, but this feels wrong.

To add, I have spoken to my principal about this and the response was "Im not involved so take it up with the super""I don't know what to tell you"

just looking for advice, or to hear how you perhaps worded a similar issue and had a positive outcome.

Thank you!

Last edited by elnina; Today at 03:35 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul