Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2022, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times

Advertisements

I have an opportunity to move to the cities due to work and originally from central MN but fail to find decent "conservative" schools. What I mean conservative is rather not in religious or traditional meaning but not infected with diversity, equality, equity, inclusion, pronouns, blm and similar nonsense. Liberal myself I am not leftist and don't want my kids to be exposed to any of this. I scrolled through public elementary/high schools websites in the W and NW (from Fridley and Anoka to Minnetonka and Maple Grove) and they all are obsessed with the virtue signals. Private schools arent much better. Even worse in many ways. Are there schools within 7 county area that don't care about dumb stuff/politics but rather teach MATH, SCIENCE, ENGLISH etc. I lived in Asia and Middle East and schools in Singapore and Israel seem to be great example of successful schools outside of the US.
Or moving to MN now would be generally bad idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 10:55 PM

512 posts, read 474,725 times
Minority children are now the majority in U.S. public schools. If you don't want your kids exposed to diversity, then you are better off homeschooling your children. I, and many gracious, welcoming people in the Twin Cities, do not view diversity as an "infection". Moreover, the schools which you'd regard as "too political" also teach the core subjects of English, math, and science. My son and daughter both attended what you'd regard as "liberal" schools growing up and both scored a 28 and 30 on their ACT tests, respectively. My son also identifies as LGBTQIA+ and has many heterosexual white friends. Society evolves all the time, and well-educated people understand this.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a school that fits your kind of views!

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 03-24-2022 at 11:18 PM..

Old 03-25-2022, 11:43 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Minority children are now the majority in U.S. public schools. If you don't want your kids exposed to diversity, then you are better off homeschooling your children. I, and many gracious, welcoming people in the Twin Cities, do not view diversity as an "infection". Moreover, the schools which you'd regard as "too political" also teach the core subjects of English, math, and science. My son and daughter both attended what you'd regard as "liberal" schools growing up and both scored a 28 and 30 on their ACT tests, respectively. My son also identifies as LGBTQIA+ and has many heterosexual white friends. Society evolves all the time, and well-educated people understand this.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a school that fits your kind of views!
I think the OP just wants a school that doesn't teach to hate yourself for being white. A bonus if they don't teach you about putting your penis into an anus in the third grade or below. I am gay so let's not play the phobe card here.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:55 PM

83 posts, read 130,788 times
I asked this question here a while back, you may find this helpful: https://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...s-neutral.html BTW I'm totally okay with schools teaching kids to love one another, treat everyone fairly, don't judge someone based on race/skin color/religion/sexual orientation, accept that we are a diverse society etc. but most public schools have gone way off the rails, and that's probably an understatement.

Charter schools are probably going to be your best bet, but those come with a bunch of their own issues.

Catholic/Christian private schools are often more "traditional" and pretty much what you are looking for, but they are religious. FWIW there are atheist parents who accept this and pay a premium to put their kids in religious schools specifically for the things you mentioned (they are looking for a more "old school" education).

Edina/Wayzata/Mounds View public schools will probably give your kid a good education in Math/Science but even those districts are seeing a slow infestation of wokeism.

Schools further away from Twin Cities (eg Lakeville) might meet your criteria but, once again, they have their warts.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Minneapolis/St Paul public districts.

I've done a lot of research on this topic and have a list of solid candidates. PM me for more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul