Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2022, 11:31 AM

588 posts, read 562,105 times

Advertisements

Sad to see the foot traffic in this subforum decline so significantly, I hope people are still checking in and see this.

I enjoy going to breweries and have been to quite a few. What are some of your favorites? What makes it your favorite?

What makes a favorite for me is the combination of the atmosphere and the flavor of the beer. I don’t what it is but I think some breweries push out the beer too fast and it ends up having a chemical taste.

Some of my favorites, in no particular order, include
Flat Earth (now St Paul Brewing),
Bent Brewstillery, Roseville
Bad Weather, St Paul
Lake Monster Brewing, St Paul
Fulton, Minneapolis
Alloy Brewing, Coon Rapids
Hop and Barrel, Hudson WI

Sadly, my absolute favorite is not located in the Twin Cities….Castle Danger in Two Harbors is my #1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 04:21 PM

…too late to edit my post

I did not mean atmosphere, I meant more of the aesthetic of the space

Old 03-13-2022, 07:04 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,640 times
Waldmann, St. Paul (just a nice, mellow outdoor space)

Bang Brewing, St. Paul

Town Hall, MPLS

Old 03-14-2022, 01:15 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Sad to see the foot traffic in this subforum decline so significantly, I hope people are still checking in and see this.

I enjoy going to breweries and have been to quite a few. What are some of your favorites? What makes it your favorite?

What makes a favorite for me is the combination of the atmosphere and the flavor of the beer. I don’t what it is but I think some breweries push out the beer too fast and it ends up having a chemical taste.

Some of my favorites, in no particular order, include
Flat Earth (now St Paul Brewing),
Bad Weather, St Paul
Lake Monster Brewing, St Paul
Fulton, Minneapolis
Alloy Brewing, Coon Rapids
Hop and Barrel, Hudson WI

Sadly, my absolute favorite is not located in the Twin Cities….Castle Danger in Two Harbors is my #1
Yes, while most online forums become negative echo chambers over time, the Twin Cities forum really hit a new level of toxicity in the 2018 - 2021 timeframe that I think rightfully so scared others away. It was disproportionately toxic when compared to many other CD forums I'm active in. To comment with one's opinion was to be attacked.

But nevertheless..

Wanted to give a nod to Wild Mind (Minneapolis). My friend from high school days is a co-owner.

I also like Broken Clock, Fair State, and Falling Knife

Old 03-14-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Waldmann, St. Paul (just a nice, mellow outdoor space)

Bang Brewing, St. Paul

Town Hall, MPLS
Yes, Waldmann’s, great German food!
Town Hall is one on my list I would like to get to. I just don’t venture in to Minneapolis too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Yes, while most online forums become negative echo chambers over time, the Twin Cities forum really hit a new level of toxicity in the 2018 - 2021 timeframe that I think rightfully so scared others away. It was disproportionately toxic when compared to many other CD forums I'm active in. To comment with one's opinion was to be attacked.

But nevertheless..

Wanted to give a nod to Wild Mind (Minneapolis). My friend from high school days is a co-owner.

I also like Broken Clock, Fair State, and Falling Knife
I think your critique is spot on.

Thanks for sharing…I hadn’t heard of Wild Mind and Broken Clock, I will definitely look into those.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:56 PM

6,540 posts, read 7,121,664 times
When covid closed everything, friend figured out Able and Indeed have windows to sidewalk so could buy crawlers and hangout outside during it. Trains go by Indeed and they have a sour or two.

Forgotten Star in Fridley has giant railyard next to it. Inside is very nice and big.

Gonna go to Utepils in Bryn Mawr Mpls this summer because it’s on a creek and train track. (I enjoy both things)

Came across Royal Foundry in Bryn Mawr this winter while working. Gonna visit this summer because they have an oval dirt bicycle race track.

612 has an awesome hidden location in NE, but beer I’m not a fan of at all.

Bauhaus is a cool location in NE also.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
When covid closed everything, friend figured out Able and Indeed have windows to sidewalk so could buy crawlers and hangout outside during it. Trains go by Indeed and they have a sour or two.

Forgotten Star in Fridley has giant railyard next to it. Inside is very nice and big.

Gonna go to Utepils in Bryn Mawr Mpls this summer because it’s on a creek and train track. (I enjoy both things)

Came across Royal Foundry in Bryn Mawr this winter while working. Gonna visit this summer because they have an oval dirt bicycle race track.

612 has an awesome hidden location in NE, but beer I’m not a fan of at all.

Bauhaus is a cool location in NE also.

Forgotten Star showed up on my Facebook feed a few weeks ago. They had a winter block party, I wanted to go, but didn’t make it. They are at the top of my list to get to.

Brainerd had a brewery in their Northern Pacific rail yard. It was a great space! I had to Google it to remember the name; sadly it looks like they moved up to Nisswa. Roundhouse Brewery.

Last edited by MsBall; 03-15-2022 at 03:56 PM..

Old 03-15-2022, 07:03 PM

6,540 posts, read 7,121,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post

Forgotten Star showed up on my Facebook feed a few weeks ago. They had a winter block party, I wanted to go, but didn’t make it. They are at the top of my list to get to.

Brainerd had a brewery in their Northern Pacific rail yard. It was a great space! I had to Google it to remember the name; sadly it looks like they moved up to Nisswa. Roundhouse Brewery.
Cool, too bad it’s not still in it’s original location. The Forgotten Star curling winter party also popped up on mine too. I went in summer so could be outside next to trains. The engineers would putt by and wave and probably want a beer then! Sociable Ciderworks has a hockey rink right next to it’s building used for broomball and curling. There’s 5 breweries all walking distance to each other on Broadway and Central Ave area in NE Mpls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul