Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 04:15 PM

171 posts, read 179,874 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a hotel in Minneapolis with nice views of the skyline. I'll be up there next week. Preferably upscale but not out of the question if it isn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apparel View Post
I'm looking for a hotel in Minneapolis with nice views of the skyline. I'll be up there next week. Preferably upscale but not out of the question if it isn't
Delta Hotel (Marriott) on Industrial Blvd NE and 35W would be perfect, but it’s not in or next to downtown.

Last edited by wamer27; 04-21-2021 at 06:11 PM..

Old 04-21-2021, 07:29 PM

542 posts, read 448,384 times
Quote:
I would go with the Hewing Hotel. Great rooftop view, scandinavian themed, 4 stars, and under $200. The Dining area looks great. You will get your money's worth

Old 04-22-2021, 12:28 AM

171 posts, read 179,874 times
Also wondering is downturn even busy right now? during business or night life hours? How is traffic in the city?

Old 04-22-2021, 02:32 AM

26 posts, read 33,858 times
Quote:
Also wondering is downturn even busy right now? during business or night life hours? How is traffic in the city?

No. Most office workers are still remote, and all large events are postponed due to our power tripping governors insistence on closing bars early and maintaining paranoid capacity restrictions that do not allow nightlife to operate. For some reason he wears it as a badge of honor, even as our fully reopened neighboring states have lower numbers of Covid cases and hospitalizations. If you really do want to stay downtown (I would personally recommend the JW Marriott at the Mall in Bloomington, which offers great views of the entire skyline and airport) get an upper level room at the Loews.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:28 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,860 times
I agree with the above post for the most part. Even before COVID and the George Floyd related things, downtown Minneapolis was fairly dead unless there was a sporting event or major concert going on. There really isn't much to do and safety has become a concern, especially at night. The suggestion of the JW Marriott at the MOA is a good one. It's a really nice hotel and you can take the light rail from the MOA to Minnehaha Falls.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...nneapolis.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul