Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:03 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I think race relations were never better than at the end of the younger George Bush's presidency. The great "unifier" Barack Obama made EVERYTHING about race. Every single time something bad happened in this country, this moron prematurely bloated out backing it as a racial thing, and not what it really was, but a criminal act.

Unfortunately, for many reasons, when Trump became president it did not improve and NOW with the libs in total control ALL we get is the race card. All the crimes that blacks commit aren't their fault. They're just expressing their "feelings" about being being supposedly oppressed.

As mentioned, the majority of violent acts in the TC's is from one race. When are the good black people of which I'm still convinced are the MAJORITY, going to finally stand up, go to the voting booth, and vote in city leaders who believe in law and order? Because of the actions of the violent, but overpowering few (thanks to the fact that they know they'll get away with it thanks to the city leadership) this city is becoming a place no decent families want to visit nor even move to.

Some people like Cruz will make a statement as if they speak for the business leaders of the Twin Cities stating
"Well, if you feel that way, don't come". "No one will care". Fine and dandy. Take my feelings and multiply it in the thousands. Who in their right minds really wants to visit the cities now. The Twin Cities are losing MILLIONS in revenue because of how it's run. Throw in how the whole state and the Twin Cities have been mismanaged due to the pandemic as well and the dollars lost are astronomical.

I miss the old Twin Cities which I used to LOVE to visit. I wonder if they'll ever return.
The only time I stated something remotely similar to what you describe was directed towards Kavalier. Have you read his posts? If he’s being even 5% honest then he’d clearly be happier living in a small town in greater Minnesota.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:08 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
The fa

They fixate on race. You should not.
How can we not? EVERYTHING today (and going forward, I suspect) is about race.

Have you watched the news lately, or commercials, or television or movies? Colleges, bureaucracy, Fortune500 companies...and on it goes. None of us are free from having our faces rubbed in it.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:13 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I think race relations were never better than at the end of the younger George Bush's presidency. T.
I think they were fine st that time. Maybe even better going back farther than that. Prince LOVED MN. I highly doubt he would have loved MN and the TC if it was some Nazi haven. He loved it because it was a pretty decent place for a black guy to grow up in back then.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,062,214 times
Look at what they voted into congress. Can a state be anymore screwed up than that

Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 AM

978 posts, read 678,164 times
There is a reason you don’t feed the bears. They get used to being fed. Then they don’t know how or want to work for their own food. They no longer see it as “help”. Rather they expect to be fed. Privilege really. They let their friends and loved ones know, “free food and shelter here”! Eventually that group of bears clashes with the civilized world when things don’t turn out the way they want. The bears get angry.
Oooops wait a minute, there I go again talking about nature.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:28 PM

3,803 posts, read 5,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
There is a reason you don’t feed the bears. They get used to being fed. Then they don’t know how or want to work for their own food. They no longer see it as “help”. Rather they expect to be fed. Privilege really. They let their friends and loved ones know, “free food and shelter here”! Eventually that group of bears clashes with the civilized world when things don’t turn out the way they want. The bears get angry.
Oooops wait a minute, there I go again talking about nature.
Good one.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:13 PM

327 posts, read 211,925 times
Importing a bunch of Somali refugees during the 90s didn’t help......just saying

Old 04-16-2021, 07:54 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,066,939 times
Not at all given the fact vast majority of them were uneducated, unskilled and had zero desire to integrate. That's the funny thing about immigration - lefties screech racism whenever anyone speaks out against it, yet 99.9% of those speaking against it would in fact love to have a Nigerian doctor or Ghanaian engineer for a neighbor and are simply speaking against importing unskilled, uneducated hordes who will drive the crime rate into stratosphere while bleeding the taxpayers dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Importing a bunch of Somali refugees during the 90s didn’t help......just saying

Old 04-16-2021, 09:33 AM

12,056 posts, read 8,455,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
OTOH, there is just something off around here that I can't put my finger on.

There is something beneath the surface that just feels gross about living here in the Cities proper now.
The obvious conclusion I've come to is that when people make decisions that destroy the infrastructure of their home and get paid enormous amounts of money to do so those decisions must be coming from someone who doesn't live here.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:42 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,943,933 times
If you can do as you want what ever that is with no penalty,why not??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul