Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 11:02 AM

1,026 posts, read 449,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
FBI guy said they are here due to the unusually high # of car jackings. They normally don't get involved in this stuff but since the numbers are so high they are. I'm hoping their presence sends this group back to the armpits they came from.

Did you hear they shot up a snow plow? Be careful.
I thought having Federal agents in cities to assist crwith local crime issues was a neo-Nazi play by the Federal government?...you know, the rising Fascism thing we heard about in 2020 as cites blew up over George Floyd.

Last edited by MPK21; 02-10-2022 at 12:09 PM..

Old 02-10-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Why are you still fixated on something that happened 18 months ago? Everyone else has moved on.
Because the Floyd Effect just keeps on giving and growing.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:30 AM

The ''defund the police/add more police'' is a political topic and movement though...hmm.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:46 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,944,870 times
It is kind of depraved to not be able to understand why people were so upset at a particularly egregious example of Police Brutality that they demanded for the defunding of the Police Department. The proper response to that understandable resentment and anger was, nothing.

Nothing should have been inferred, done, or said, to that specific request. But, of course, that wouldn't have been enough. It was instead necessary to counter-attack the aggrieved, and question their motives and point out the idiocy of such a policy change. And, also of course, waste no opportunities to double down on the existing paradigm of targeted policing and brutality that so upset people in the first place.

No knock warrants should have gone away after Breonna Taylor was murdered. But (of course) it didn't because ... I don't know why. But they are gone now, that much I can tell you. And if police, not just in Minneapolis, but police all over these United States cannot figure out how to bring unarmed individuals into custody without killing them, or offer armed individuals the opportunity to disarm before using deadly force, there WILL come a point where some alternative to the present structure and training of municipal police departments is developed and implemented. The way it is is on borrowed time.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:35 AM

4 posts, read 4,561 times
Default Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
It is kind of depraved to not be able to understand why people were so upset at a particularly egregious example of Police Brutality that they demanded for the defunding of the Police Department. The proper response to that understandable resentment and anger was, nothing.

Nothing should have been inferred, done, or said, to that specific request. But, of course, that wouldn't have been enough. It was instead necessary to counter-attack the aggrieved, and question their motives and point out the idiocy of such a policy change. And, also of course, waste no opportunities to double down on the existing paradigm of targeted policing and brutality that so upset people in the first place.

No knock warrants should have gone away after Breonna Taylor was murdered. But (of course) it didn't because ... I don't know why. But they are gone now, that much I can tell you. And if police, not just in Minneapolis, but police all over these United States cannot figure out how to bring unarmed individuals into custody without killing them, or offer armed individuals the opportunity to disarm before using deadly force, there WILL come a point where some alternative to the present structure and training of municipal police departments is developed and implemented. The way it is is on borrowed time.
GTFO. Dude. People like you are the reason the city of Minneapolis is screwed. I'm an immigrant from Asia. I want law and order here. The police are not the problem in Minneapolis. The problems are in the some people’s community. Stop committing crime and be a law abiding citizens.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:36 AM

4 posts, read 4,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

I want Law and order, and I believe all lives matter, especially blue lives matter, but criminals lives don’t matter.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,944,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebluelady View Post
I want Law and order, and I believe all lives matter, especially blue lives matter, but criminals lives don’t matter.
You can't have it all ways. All lives means all lives. I'm fine with 'all lives matter'. Why not? Why are Blue Lives more valued than any other? Why aren't 'criminals' lives' less valued than any other? A person is innocent until proven guilty. A person convicted of passing a bad bill would not receive Capital Punishment.

33% of police arrests do not go according to textbook. Suspects routinely flee, resist, injure officers, but the majority are nonetheless eventually subdued and taken into custody. When a particular cohort of lives are spectacularly disproportionately treated differently and with gross indifference for the sanctity of their human lives ... what, that wouldn't eventually be noticed? Pushed back on?

I believe that all lives matter. That means ALL.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:18 PM

6,570 posts, read 7,167,153 times
This evening on live on patrol Bob mentioned St Paul City Council said there were 2,400 different reports of shots fired in St. Paul last year, and that’s only ones that were reported. That’s 6.5 different times per every single day. This number has doubled within the last two years. They fully agree the real number is actually hundreds more. How do people who think everything is normal respond to this?

Old 02-27-2022, 12:30 PM

1,356 posts, read 890,536 times
Why do cities with much higher crime rate have less cops killing unarmed people per capita than Mpls?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:37 AM

61,859 posts, read 87,339,575 times
I think this is ripe to be closed. Nothing of substance has been posted lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul