Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2006, 09:39 PM

111 posts, read 347,871 times

Advertisements

I want to talk to yall about the inviorment im growin up in. It seems like everyday theirs a murder. One of my best friends got killed this summer. Brian Cole aka B.cole. He want even the intrnded target.Today we tryed to have a get together at our school. we had a charity basketball game.the game went very well.but right after the game the was a fight a robbery and a couple of shooting.their was children at this event they didnt even care.one of those babies could of got killed.The mayor was at the game but where was he during the shootings.he dosent care for us.hes just doin his job. why dosent he give the young black males in our community better things to do than sell drugs.why doesnt he give us young women more to look foward to than 5 kids with no dads? when the shooting happend right in front of me. i felt nothing i was surpriesd i didnt even try to hide behind nothing i just watched i even walked closer to get a better look.im just so used to it that it dosent affect me anymore.but right now im gettin mad just thinkin about today. this was sposed to be a function in memory of b.cole. now they just reminded us about how he died.B.Cole will never be forgotten. I love you B!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2006, 10:50 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times
For the guys in Minneapolis aspring to push dope, you're living in a city with one of the best economies in the United States. There are tons of high paying jobs available and if you need an education there are plenty of schools available with very low interest student loans available as well. If you want to succeed here it isn't hard. Once you have a criminal record though you're pretty much screwed, so stay away from illegal activities and you'll be fine.

For the girls expecting to grow up and have 5 kids with no dads you need to have more respect for yourself. Keep your legs together, your head up and don't settle for a dealer or junky. There are tons of nice guys out there (me included) who will treat you right and won't just knock you up and then not take responsibility like those ghetto clowns who live every day like it's their last one.

Bottom line is nobody has an excuse for being a victim to the ghetto in a place like Minneapolis. Whatever happens to you it's because you brought it upon yourself. Growing up in a situation where you don't have good role models or resources necessary to have higher education opportunities, etc. can be very difficult and dealing drugs or becoming a ho is an easy way out but all that can be avoided if you're not an idiot about it.

The mayor definitely cares about everyone in the city of Minneapolis. Unfortunately there is no quick solution for alot of the problems plaguing the city, including the increasing crime on the North side. Like I've stated in previous posts, the North side is a deeply troubled area. Unless major urban renewal takes place it is going to remain an undesirable place to live. Urban renewal isn't cheap and it takes alot of preparation, cooperation and follow through. I think the way house prices are falling in that area eventually people are going to start investing in properties there, fix them up and sell them for a profit. There is a term for that, gentrification. I expect this to happen to a very large extent in the next 10 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: