Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 04:16 PM

542 posts, read 447,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
2 months later - I thought I would check in.

Has the world ended yet? everything is trending so downward, I don't even understand how this is a conversation anymore.
Sounds like another straw man argument-at least you didn't insinuate it compares to black death.

I don't even understand how this is a conversation anymore.
I believe only the mathematically challenged would make that type of statement because the daily death rate is closing in on the daily death rate of cancer (we were above that rate at one point in may). A hospital in Texas was too full and sent people home because they ran out of ICU space. The fact the Texas gov regrets not closing bars sooner and stated it. should be a barometer of the seriousness of the situation because of the political ramification of such a statement.

I guess I will have to revive the post I was making that gave a daily count -I find it a bit morbid but clearly people aren't understanding the numbers (once again).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 04:24 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Sounds like another straw man argument-at least you didn't insinuate it compares to black death.

I don't even understand how this is a conversation anymore.
I believe only the mathematically challenged would make that type of statement because the daily death rate is closing in on the daily death rate of cancer (we were above that rate at one point in may). A hospital in Texas was too full and sent people home because they ran out of ICU space. The fact the Texas gov regrets not closing bars sooner and stated it. should be a barometer of the seriousness of the situation because of the political ramification of such a statement.

I guess I will have to revive the post I was making that gave a daily count -I find it a bit morbid but clearly people aren't understanding the numbers (once again).
You’re in the Minnesota forum here. Deaths and hospitalizations peaked two to three months ago. By all means, post the daily death counts in MN. We were down to two one day last week.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...idweekly30.pdf

Stop peddling fear and respect the science.

Last edited by Glenfield; 08-06-2020 at 04:48 PM..

Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 PM

[quote=Glenfield;58841268]You’re in the Minnesota forum here. Deaths and hospitalizations peaked two to three months ago. By all means, post the daily death counts in MN. We were down to two one day last week.

Stop peddling fear and respect the science.[/QUOTE

How am I peddling fear and not respecting the science. The math about Covid-19 is clear and the national and state response are not in isolation. To think otherwise is intentionally obtuse.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:27 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,705,905 times
[quote=TheGrandViking;58841995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You’re in the Minnesota forum here. Deaths and hospitalizations peaked two to three months ago. By all means, post the daily death counts in MN. We were down to two one day last week.

Stop peddling fear and respect the science

How am I peddling fear and not respecting the science. The math about Covid-19 is clear and the national and state response are not in isolation. To think otherwise is intentionally obtuse.
You ignore the data and try to make things worse than they seem. Do you need a simpler explanation or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:31 PM

[quote=Glenfield;58842056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post

You ignore the data and try to make things worse than they seem. Do you need a simpler explanation or are you being intentionally obtuse?
I was responding to the poster that was talking generally about Covid-19 (he did not specify Minnesota). What data did I ignore and how did I make it worse than it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul