Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 AM

11 posts, read 13,989 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Our daughter enters Kindergarten next year and we are considering moving to the Wayzata school district. There are 8 elementary schools including the new school which opened in 2016.

Are all the schools pretty similar?

How is the new Meadow Ridge elementary school? It does not seem to be rated yet.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM

22 posts, read 22,041 times
I went to the Elementary School on Vicksburg named "Plymouth Creek". It consistently gets great reviews from parents and online. There's also another elementary school around the corner named Kimberly Lane and that is great as well. Wayzata Schools are amazing and I'm very proud of being from this school system.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:39 AM

11 posts, read 13,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaDrake View Post
I went to the Elementary School on Vicksburg named "Plymouth Creek". It consistently gets great reviews from parents and online. There's also another elementary school around the corner named Kimberly Lane and that is great as well. Wayzata Schools are amazing and I'm very proud of being from this school system.
Thank you! What are some things you liked?

Old 12-01-2017, 10:13 PM

810 posts, read 851,471 times
How about middle and high schools in Wayzata?

Is it a really large district?

I am compiling cities and schools so i can do more research.

So far I have St, Paul, Lakeville, Bloomington, Rosement

Old 12-02-2017, 07:13 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
How about middle and high schools in Wayzata?

Is it a really large district?

I am compiling cities and schools so i can do more research.

So far I have St, Paul, Lakeville, Bloomington, Rosement
There is one high school in the Wayzata SD with 3,400+ students, the largest in the state, and there are three middle schools. The district is very well regarded overall but that size would throw me off.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:01 PM

878 posts, read 1,207,177 times
I have a number of friends in the Wayzata school system (with kids in elementary, middle and high school)-- all of them RAVE about the schools; I share the same concern as Glenfield, that the high school is absolutely HUGE (but it's extraordinarily well regarded and highly rated/ranked).

Old 12-05-2017, 05:19 PM

thanks for the information.

a couple of the high schools in our district have over 2,000 students. If we stayed here and she stayed in the option school the size would be very small. Otherwise she would go to the brand new high school and bonus it is very close to where we live.

I'll Google Wayzata school district to see what towns/ cities it covers.

It is starting to look like we will be making a move, not sure yet when that will be. It is really starting to come together though. Moving in the winter may not be a good idea unless we use a moving company or those pods. I do not want to drive a u haul pulling a trailer with our car and I doubt hubby wants to do that.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:51 AM

878 posts, read 1,207,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
thanks for the information.

a couple of the high schools in our district have over 2,000 students. If we stayed here and she stayed in the option school the size would be very small. Otherwise she would go to the brand new high school and bonus it is very close to where we live.

I'll Google Wayzata school district to see what towns/ cities it covers.

It is starting to look like we will be making a move, not sure yet when that will be. It is really starting to come together though. Moving in the winter may not be a good idea unless we use a moving company or those pods. I do not want to drive a u haul pulling a trailer with our car and I doubt hubby wants to do that.
Wayzata Schools largely serve Plymouth, Medina and a very small swatch of Minnetonka-- ironically, the town of Wayzata is teeny-tiny and at least some of it is in the Orono school district.

The housing prices for the part of Plymouth that attends Wayzata are significantly more expensive than the part of Plymouth that attends Armstrong for similar size/age/quality of finishes-- also, I am virtually certain that Wayzata is CLOSED to open enrollment, so you can ONLY attend if you live within the boundaries (which might be posted and/or searchable online).

Old 12-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Thank you for the information. I didn't see anything about open enrollment but if we move sooner rather than later she will just have to go whatever school is the neighborhood school. Which will be fine. We have not really discussed specific places. I am pretty sure hubby is going to leave it up to me. That is why I am already doing research.

I noticed the rents in that area were a little higher. But cheaper than here for a single family home or a townhouse.

Other posters have said that overall most of the schools are pretty good in the TC.

Rochester is still a possibility also. I would not min living there as it is smaller and still pretty close to Minneapolis. (85 miles). I am hoping to go back to school and Univerity of Minnesota has a small campus down there.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:06 PM

22 posts, read 22,041 times
I liked meeting many types of people and having an opportunity to make a lot of friends. Always loved the classes and the teachers throughout my childhood and even up to High School level. I feel like I can be proud to say I went to Wayzata and it's fun to have a big school that has pride and chances to compete in sports too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul