Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 02:41 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,432,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I had to deal with this recently.
women here are incredibly rude, and belligerent towards men.

Can someone please detail why that is ?
I've heard that in quite a few areas I've lived in and never had a problem. It's possible you just don't know how to talk to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 07:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,774,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I had to deal with this recently.
women here are incredibly rude, and belligerent towards men.

Can someone please detail why that is ?
Was this episode in uptown or another part of Minneapolis? Parts of Minneapolis proper can be a rare exception to your average Minnesotan.

If you truly think all women here are mean you would hate pretty much every other city in this country then. As a woman I have to say women here are by far the nicest and least catty that I've experienced in every single other city I've visited. I remember being shocked when I first moved to the twin cities two years ago that women strangers were being genuinely nice.

I honestly have never seen or came across women being incredibly rude and belligerent towards men in Minnesota... I'm not discounting your experience but again I find it shocking.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:28 AM

776 posts, read 1,064,188 times
Can I just says a couple of things.

I grew up in Minnesota and it was fun. I left at 27 years old but have always considered moving back now 10 years later.
Yes the winters are horrible and the summers are muggy and filled with bugs and short-lived but spring and fall are beautiful, the people are good hearted, it's affordable and offers way more than most other cities in America. Id say this...

If you want to live there, then go donor. Don't let peopleis opinions or bad experiences scare you off. Most people that complain about something are usually part to blame for their own Mishaps. Minneapolis is a great city and if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
Most likely the weather will grow old and you will love on again someday anyway. And that's ok. There's a lot of country out there to see and if you find Minnesota isn't for you down the road then you shouldn't feel bad about trying another new place. You're taste still change. We moved 13 times all over the country and back to some of the same places 2 or three times because of changes in our lifestyle.

Don't let people on here discourage you from what you want.

Here are the realistic downfalls that you can't change about Minnestoa.
1- it's cold in the winter, like everywhere else - but it doesn't occasionally get REALLY cold
2- the landscape outside of downtown MSP is not so desirable unless you like farmland. It's flat and the winds come ripping across. And you can drive for 66 miles without seeing another real city. But that's what MN is, a farming state that's progressing to better things.
3- well honestly I can't think of another thing that's that bad

I could go on about good things, but I'm sure you've already made your list and it's probably accurate.

Healthcare
People
Jobs
Schools
Cost of living
Infrastructure
Entertainment
Sports
And the list goes on - these are all top notch in MN

Only you can decide what is important enough to you. But don't let people talk about how bad the people are, that's just because they are new and expect the locals to come running to them with a plate of warm cookies. That's not the age we live in anymore. If you what to make friends in Mn, then go out and introduce yourself to people and be blunt and forward with them. And don't be pretentious. People in Mn are a little lore reserve and smarter than some other places, they understand sarcasm and wit. They also can spot an ******* from 9 and a half blocks away. So I'm sure you will be fine. Go with your gut, and if it turns out bad later, just correct it and find a new place. No shame in that at all, at least you tired

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul