Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:05 AM

7 posts, read 17,339 times

Advertisements

I lived on the same street and it was devastating to attend a 4 casket funeral. Maybe people could try to be a little more sensitive to this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 12:52 PM

34 posts, read 36,175 times
This has been the most intriguing thread I've read in a while ...

Old 09-01-2015, 09:59 AM

It is interesting to see how gossip gets everything blown out of proportion. This situation isn't too bad. I still have the article that was run in the Star Tribune regarding the stigma of mental illness and how devastated Dr. Glaesar was with Bobby's situation.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,589 times
I was a classmate of Bob Glaeser. He was so handsome and very popular. It was my understanding that he had issues and that his family didn't want the stigma of mental illness to affect his future. Never knew about the parental's fight, although that makes the events more plausible.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,589 times
I heard the rumors about the Down in the Valley shootings.....scary. Used to hang out there when I was 17. In college when the shooting occurred.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:34 AM

Sensitive to the family members that are still alive and to the people that now live in their house.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,625 times
Default Ann

I went to junior high with Ann and also knew Bob her brother. He did have a mental illness and Ann was always afraid of him . He killed his parents first, Ann was found under the covers and then he killed himself Very sad times for all of us that knew Ann.

Last edited by terrigleason; 01-29-2016 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-26-2018, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,154 times
I remember it well, I lived across the street and was a kid. It haunts me today. The house is haunted

Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,001 times
I was a classmate of Bob's and knew Ann quite well too. Ann was a beautiful and sweet girl. Bob was a great guy too until right after he graduated from HS and started to have what I would call delusions. Never thought he would do what he did though.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:42 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GV1977 View Post
It was rumored that Bobby was the guy that did the Down in the Valley record shop murder prior to the Dec. murder/suicide
OMG, I kind of remember that, don't remember many of the details though. I lived near there and would walk to Down in the Valley and purchase records, also pot pipes and rolling papers. It was in the down stairs of a auto parts store, only two small rooms. It was across the street from Golden Valley city hall and police station . How they got away with being a record and head shop across from police station was a mystery to me.

I've been in a Down in the Valley somewhat recently, hadn't been in one for decades. The history of pictures they have in the stores don't include that original location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul