Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 71,586 times

Advertisements

I just had my driver's test today at the Arden Hills location, and I failed because I was told that I did not yield at the uncontrolled intersection. Now I have never heard of an uncontrolled intersection, but I have read up on it and now I think I get it. However, I was having some trouble on when to come to complete stop and when to yield, simply because there were no stop signs. I came to a complete stop and my tester told me that there wasn't a stop sign, yet I couldn't help but think "there aren't stop signs anywhere!" So if there is no stop sign, should I come to a complete stop, or just yield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
It's dangerous to just run through an intersection that doesn't have any kind of signs. What you should do in that situation is slow down and get a good look at both sides of the intersection to make sure no other cars are coming before driving through.

Or if you're in Mexico, don't slow down and honk your horn 3 seconds before hitting the intersection to warn any other cars that may be going through it at that time...don't do that on your driving test though.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 PM

17 posts, read 123,263 times
When in doubt, stop or slow down. Arden Hills will automatically fail you if you do something that could cause an accident, for example, going through an intersection without yielding, or hitting the cones when you parallel park. While they will dock you points if you stop when you should have just yielded, it wont be an automatic fail. AH is a closed course, meaning the roads are specifically designed to test your knowledge of road laws. Pay attention to the color of the lines, where the lines are, if they're dotted or not, etc. I know there was one part that I didn't realize was a one way. I turned into the right lane and should have turned into the left. Some people find AH harder than the other places because it's a course and not on a street, but I liked it because I could go as slow as I wanted. Oh yes, I went about 10-15 mph the whole time. Passed on my 1st try though. Also remember to be polite and ask questions if you're unclear on what they're asking you to do.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:55 AM

23 posts, read 111,489 times
At plymouth I was docked for not turning my wheels when parked on a hill. We parked on flat ground. Joke.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 71,100 times
Arden Hills is bull ****. Try taking the driving test at Still Water if you want to pass. They failed me because I was being a little too cautious. I slowed down at the intersection and they docked me for it. I did a perfect parallel park, but the examiner said that I needed to be more towards the middle when parked. I thought my turns were right on, but the examiner said that one of my turns was too wide. (I didn't even cross any lines when turning and there was someone parked on the side.) One of the examiners bad mouthed my friend saying that he was blocking the intersection. The reason was because there were too many examinees in line so the line backed up pretty far. They should of done something about it. With my experience, I really think that it depends on the examiner you get. I have a friend who passed even though she hit a marker while parallel parking. I think that's bull **** though don't you think? The examiner should be fired for doing that. SO if you REALLY want to pass, just pray that you get an examiner who woke up on the right side of the bed or someone who isn't so strict. Chances are that you won't pass your first time unless your lucky and this was my second time. WTF!!! The examiner didn't even know that until he realized it by looking at my previous results and the test was already over. He made go through the whole course like it was my first time. I thought that the second time would be easier but it was actually harder. They bull **** me I will never go there ever again!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 AM

143 posts, read 477,637 times
Don't go to Arden Hills to take your driving test. It is nothing like true driving conditions and only tests your ability to drive less than 15 MPH the entire time (I had a guy who started SCREAMING at me when I was driving at 20 MPH that I was going too fast, even though we were driving down a regular stretch of road).

Go somewhere that puts you out on the roads under real situations and conditions. You simply won't get that at a course facility like Arden Hills. Arden Hills drivers test is a hard-to-pass joke.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 70,231 times
Taking My Test At Arden Hills Tommorrow And I Just Wanna Let All You Guys No That All This Negativity Doesn't Help Anybody! If You Want To Open Your Mouth And Say Something Make It Positive For Others Who Are Going To Go Take Their Test There.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 PM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlynn.16 View Post
Taking My Test At Arden Hills Tommorrow And I Just Wanna Let All You Guys No That All This Negativity Doesn't Help Anybody! If You Want To Open Your Mouth And Say Something Make It Positive For Others Who Are Going To Go Take Their Test There.
Yeah!! So there everybody!!

People seriously need to relax about taking the damn driver's test, nothing on this board is going to help you learn to drive/test better. If you fail, you probably shouldn't be driving anyways, and if you pass- great. And if you stumble upon this and are thinking about creating a new thread about driving test locations, please do a search as there's plenty of threads devoted to the topic already.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 67,112 times
I think that Arden Hills a great place to get your driving test at. Everywhere (Driving Test) is busy. The reason why it is tricky to find the signs is because it is tricky driving in the street/highways. You never know who is going to be driving in front, behind, or next to you. I believe that it is a good "real life" experience.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 129,796 times
Gah, I remember taking the driving test. Ugh.

You'll do well, everyone. If all else fails, just do this:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANCLAoGRfg]MOTION SICKNESS (University of California, Los Angeles 2011) - YouTube[/url]

OR NOT :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul