Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:57 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times

Advertisements

Just doing some future planning here, which school district is better? any insights? from what I have gathered is that they are both academic and athletic powerhouses. Homestead seems to be more of a academical focused and Arrowhead seems to be more athletically focused but both seem to be very good in both areas. I have heard Arrowhead referred to as Arrowhead University since they have top notch sports facilities such as a turf football field and their own hickey arena on campus. The football field also has luxury boxes, geesh.

Homestead High School (Mequon, Wisconsin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arrowhead High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any insights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM

158 posts, read 485,822 times
Being a KMer, we played soccer at Arrowhead often. The facilities are really beyond excellent. Beautiful turf, lights, etc. Planning far ahead, though, I wonder. There has always been talk it should be two high schools, but that is resisted due to the high quality sports teams maybe not being as good then. It is very difficult to make varsity in any sport there, however, they do a great job with intramurals for kids who want to keep playing. Academically they are very highly ranked.
I know parents who's kids went to Homestead and had great things to say about everything but the heroin issue in Ozaukee county. I know people will say that's a problem everywhere, but I don't know.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM

Didn't believe it until I saw it!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM

46 posts, read 134,326 times
I went to Arrowhead but know nothing of Homestead so I'll just post my thoughts on Arrowhead.

New bleachers were an absolute necessity for the football field. Not sure about the luxury boxes but hey, if people pay for them more power to them. The old bleachers were wood and obviously rotting and warped. They also expanded the bleachers because there was always a ton of overflow onto the track for football games and they moved the ticket booths from the South Campus side where there is little parking to North Campus where there is plenty which helps with congestion.

The Mullett Ice Center is a great rink. Sort of small, but very nice for a high school. It was donated by Donald Mullett and named after his father Howard.

As far as education, some teachers don't really care and some are idiots (won't name names) but there are also some really good teachers. The main problem is class size. There are about 25 kids in a class, so teacher/student interaction is limited although most teachers are good about giving extra help during their free hours.

Arrowhead University is pretty much spot-on.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:50 AM

15 posts, read 36,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Just doing some future planning here, which school district is better? any insights? from what I have gathered is that they are both academic and athletic powerhouses. Homestead seems to be more of a academical focused and Arrowhead seems to be more athletically focused but both seem to be very good in both areas. I have heard Arrowhead referred to as Arrowhead University since they have top notch sports facilities such as a turf football field and their own hickey arena on campus. The football field also has luxury boxes, geesh.

Homestead High School (Mequon, Wisconsin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arrowhead High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any insights?
Arrowhead,definitely!.....too much Big City CRAP filtering in,okay??? Might I suggest Lake Country Lutheran??? Small,relatively new,tech focused,but still dynamite sports teams!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:34 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy1958 View Post
Arrowhead,definitely!.....too much Big City CRAP filtering in,okay??? Might I suggest Lake Country Lutheran??? Small,relatively new,tech focused,but still dynamite sports teams!
What's with this okay???? I don't get it. What are you telling us? That we don't get it and you and nobody else has the definitive word on this and it is not to be questioned.

When someone fears Mequon I really don't know what to say. It is about as crime free and they come. Why don't you move to Montana while your at it.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
When someone fears Mequon I really don't know what to say. It is about as crime free and they come.
Agreed, Mequon with it's average household income at 115K and average home price around 400,000 it's not in danger of anything from Milwaukee except a few more basketball players and coaches buying homes up there.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Didn't believe it until I saw it!

YouTube - ‪Texas High School Builds $60 Million Stadium‬‏

Old 06-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Holy Crap! 18,000 seats! makes arrowhead look like a middle school.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Well there is more to compare when choosing to live rather than the size of the football stadium, if I were to move to either Mequon or Hartland area I don't know which to choose. Pewaukee is nice but I would feel to far from the city. Good thing I have some years to decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee