Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 AM

98 posts, read 181,261 times

Advertisements

What is obvious is that Michigan wants to shrink but it doesnt want to pay the piper for it as is the case with the friendly employers too.Restaurants are gonna call it quits as will the gas stations.My neighbourhood just started to empty out and for good reason.It has gotten beyond nasty in all aspects.I have no clue about other states as i haven`t stepped out of Michigan for even a day yet.However even healthcare is moot now.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 892 times
My finance and I are going to move from Michigan to Florida due to my medical problems and he was wondering if he could get unemployment if he gives his 2 week notice because of leaving Michigan and that company isn't in Florida were we will be moving to. Can he get it if he is going with me to a different state because of my medical reasons.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad2346 View Post
My finance and I are going to move from Michigan to Florida due to my medical problems and he was wondering if he could get unemployment if he gives his 2 week notice because of leaving Michigan and that company isn't in Florida were we will be moving to. Can he get it if he is going with me to a different state because of my medical reasons.
I'm pretty sure you have to be fired or laid off to collect unemployment. And since it's paid by the State, I can't imagine Michigan would pay you unemployment, which requires you to continue to use their Marvin system to find work in Michigan, while you live in Florida.

I could be wrong.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,748 times
I'd say no... if you're already collecting in Mi, you can take it with you and keep collecting ... you can't apply once you've moved..but ask the jobcenter look it up online to be sure, every state may be different..I was collecting in Fla due to the company being sold and took it with me when I moved out of Fla.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 586 times
I move to TN from Alabama,got a job and lost it. If I apply for unemployment in TN, will the time work in Alabama count towards the benefits I will receive in TN.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Moving from one state (I assume you had a job in Alabama?) to work in another only to lose that job can complicate UAI benefits.

First, it all depends on how many weeks of work you have total.

No matter what you are told here, you HAVE to contact the UAI in the state you are currently living in--Have you swapped over to Tennessee license and residency? Hopefully you have, because they will look at when you became a Tennessee resident as part of determining your benefits.

CALL the local UAI offices and get signed up ASAP.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:24 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Russ View Post
I move to TN from Alabama,got a job and lost it. If I apply for unemployment in TN, will the time work in Alabama count towards the benefits I will receive in TN.
This is a Michigan forum. Topic closed (since it's 5 years old anyways).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan