Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:46 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times

Advertisements

Gotcha! Was trying to force a tax on services already and couldn't think of one for the life of me. Regular income tax... DOH!!!! Funny how your mind locks onto one thing and you can't see the forest because of the trees. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,864,438 times
Trying to decide if I should have my sprinklers blown out yet or not. What do you guys think? We've had quite a bit of rain lately, with more coming, and I assume I've got 3 - 4 more weeks of mowing the lawn left. I haven't run them in at least two weeks. Decisions decisions...

Last year I blew them out too early (mid October) and we had a dry spell in November that made my lawn look like crap. Couldn't wait for snow to cover it up.

Here's the weather forecast again:

http://woodtv.images.worldnow.com/Images/forecast_510.jpg (broken link)

Saturday and Sunday should be fabulous days for Fall color tours. The peak is approaching quickly.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM

Hey, thanks for the help everyone.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:08 AM

687 posts, read 2,033,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Hey, thanks for the help everyone.
LOL! You impatient one you.

Just kidding. I'd hold off if you can for maybe another week or 2. Then you know you'll be covered. How can we be approaching November already?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
LOL! You impatient one you.

Just kidding. I'd hold off if you can for maybe another week or 2. Then you know you'll be covered. How can we be approaching November already?
Well I waited a whole 9 hours for a response and nothing!

I think I'm going to have them blown out this week. We've had about 2 inches of rain just in this past week and if it does dry out in November, the grass will be starting to go dormant anyway.

Thanks for the response Mi_Mom!

(Gorgeous day out here today Wow!)

Old 10-20-2007, 01:48 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Well I waited a whole 9 hours for a response and nothing!

I think I'm going to have them blown out this week. We've had about 2 inches of rain just in this past week and if it does dry out in November, the grass will be starting to go dormant anyway.

Thanks for the response Mi_Mom!

(Gorgeous day out here today Wow!)
Good idea. Did you guys have some storms the night before last? I miss Michigan. We're down in Indy and had that storm front come in and cause some nasty storms.

You're right though. Another couple weeks and the grass will head south. Into the ground that is. It is a GORGEOUS day. Hard to believe that October has been so nice for the most part.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 PM

OK, admittedly it got cold and rainy for trick-or-treating here in GR, but what an amazing sunset through the clouds and rain!

My flash caught the raindrops in this one (no, that's not snow) :

Turned off the flash and just did a longer exposure:

And then came the rainbow:

Cold, wet, but stunning!

Last edited by magellan; 10-31-2007 at 10:15 PM..

Old 11-02-2007, 08:32 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
9 months of winter in Michigan? Not even in the SOO. Around Ludington area, we get about 3 1/2 months of real winter. Another 2 of iffy weather that could go either way, but usually doesn't.
I grew up in the SW corner of the Mitten, about 30 miles from Lake Michigan. We could count on cold weather from November through early March, with spurts of lake-effect snow, especially Dec through Feb. Those were the worst months. October and April could be iffy, but any way you slice it, the winter never lasted nine months. Five, tops, in the worst years, but like Bydand said, more like 3 to 3 1/2 months of truly wintry weather on average.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:09 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,873,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
I grew up in the SW corner of the Mitten, about 30 miles from Lake Michigan. We could count on cold weather from November through early March, with spurts of lake-effect snow, especially Dec through Feb. Those were the worst months. October and April could be iffy, but any way you slice it, the winter never lasted nine months. Five, tops, in the worst years, but like Bydand said, more like 3 to 3 1/2 months of truly wintry weather on average.
You must be around the Niles/ Three Oaks area? Some nice places down in that corner. Haven't been there in years though.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You must be around the Niles/ Three Oaks area? Some nice places down in that corner. Haven't been there in years though.
Yep, I lived in Niles before I left the state. Charming little town. The whole area was pretty nice ... rural, friendly, lots of orchards, easy access to Lake Michigan, short drives to South Bend, Kalamazoo, GR, and Chicago. If only I hadn't gotten downsized out of my job, I'd probably still be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan