Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Miami definetely is NOT known for good schools (assumig you are talking about K-12). We trail the rest of the state in almost every area of every standardized test. Also, job pay here is about 20-25% lower than other parts of the country. Its the old "you get paid in sunshine" argument. Funny how the banks don't expect to get 20% of my mortgage payment in sunshine. They seem to want $US.
LOL...Good post.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM

17 posts, read 50,571 times
"We are parents with traditional, conservative social upbringing styles. We try to teach our children to be ethical, concientous, civil, and to live mindful lives. They're taught that their actions have consequences. We are very involved in their education. They participate in soccer, flag football, t-ball, and little league baseball. We're there at every game, trying our best to keep out of the game. "

YUCK! BOOOOOORING! Thank god people like this lie low in Miami. People move to Miami to get away from bores like this

Read more: Miami - more than just a party city

Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito75 View Post
"We are parents with traditional, conservative social upbringing styles. We try to teach our children to be ethical, concientous, civil, and to live mindful lives. They're taught that their actions have consequences. We are very involved in their education. They participate in soccer, flag football, t-ball, and little league baseball. We're there at every game, trying our best to keep out of the game. "

YUCK! BOOOOOORING! Thank god people like this lie low in Miami. People move to Miami to get away from bores like this

Read more: Miami - more than just a party city

Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times
Mia is a special place,like Vegas...

U come here to enjoy the climate. Indeed,u "get paid in sunshine"...

Those who want value for money & the best bang for buck,should try the big 4 cities of TX...

"Nowhere to make money,Houston to save money,Miami to spend money "...

That's the idea I got about USA,even before emigrating...

Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 AM

350 posts, read 1,522,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito75 View Post

Incognito, we are not "bores." We are "boors," although what I think you mean to say, and quite aptly, is that we are boring ("boor" and "boring" do not mean the same thing). Yes indeed we are. My point exactly. I am happy to represent my boring cohorts to illustrate that we, too, are Miami. Cheers to you and have fun living it up at the clubs!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:43 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Look...this is the REAL MIAMI

Miami hoods 305 - YouTube

:P

Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsma2002 View Post
What I'm saying is, if you want to join the party scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the suburban parenting scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the preservationist scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the evangelical, bible thumping scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the urban 'hood scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the social activist scene in Miami, it's here.
If you want to join the tech scene in Miami, it's here.
I'm not saying everything you could ever want is here - it's easier for a Latin band to make it here than a rock band - but there is a lot more here other than that wild party scene.

So all those posters here who say that Miami is only a party scene haven't looked very far into Miami.
I'd add: if you want to join the running, cycling, or triathlon scene in Miami, it's here.

Thousands of people train for months and come from all over the world to participate in Miami's major events (though yes, many of them step into a bar after the race).

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
I'd add: if you want to join the running, cycling, or triathlon scene in Miami, it's here.

Thousands of people train for months and come from all over the world to participate in Miami's major events (though yes, many of them step into a bar after the race).
I trained for months with my mom for the half marathon, but I never actually signed up for the event. Only my sisters and mom did, along with their friends from church.

I think it's one of those few events I like from Miami.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:16 AM

225 posts, read 447,253 times
I moved here 3 years ago and enrolled at FIU for my masters. When I graduated, my parents were so proud and wanted to let everyone know because they said all those people would say "omg, you let your son move to Miami to STUDY? He is not going to do any studying over there" lol

It's so funny how people can be so shallow and narrow minded. It's like Vegas, people never venture outside the strip, never realizing that its actually a large city with TONS of neighbourhoods and regular folks who live there quietly, away from the madness.

Anyways, I love Miami and I hate people who spread stupid rumors about it. What's nice about here is that IF you do want to party hard, you CAN, but you don't have to.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM

250 posts, read 696,400 times
Void of a world class concrete skateboard park gives Miami a big thumbs down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami