Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM

69 posts, read 178,598 times

Advertisements

Someone asked where I was from in the earlier pages of the thread.
Obviously Dade county is nothing compared to Marin county. I'm from
Corte Madera, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
Marin County, north of SF. People say the most expensive RE in US. Healthy folks, internet inventors, all the great Film Directors retire there like Frances Ford Coppola. Sean Penn lives there. Awesome outdoor activities.

Miami is a whole different animal to Marin County.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jealous_R_WE View Post
Haters come in all shapes and sizes

Looks like Miami is getting it's fair share of hate as usual... must be something to it.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 PM

433 posts, read 1,011,528 times
I had a boss that was cuban. Yes he would yell at the workers. For the longest time he made us wear shoes that were very very hard on the feet. He would flip out if anyone broke anything. It took a lot of work for him to decide to feed the employees and when he finally did we still couldnt order off the menu. He also definately had a temper.

I liked his intensity and his passion.

I'm not sure why people seem to hate the cubans, maybe if I lived down there I would come to see why, but I dont see anything about them that is any different than any other race. Bosses are often difficult regardless of culture or ethnicity. My last boss was white, he fired a girl for eating an orange even though often he doesn't even give people a break and makes them work 12 hours straight.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 AM

248 posts, read 615,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Looong vehicle,the poison tank against Miami is...

Only one solution for the haters...

Exodus...
------

I don't think so. Those haters are professional haters. They probably came from a place that they also hated. The hatred walks with them because they hate themselves.

If they move to Raleigh or whatever, they'll stay there peacefully for a while until the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t piles up, and then they'll start hating o'possums, rednecks or whatever.

They'll miss Miami so much that they will start posting here. They might put down Miami's "rudeness", but they'll hate to death all those southern schmaltzy manners after a while. They'll feel like robots driving in suburban graveyards after driving in a city. They might end up hating churches and religion, the all pervasive presence in the south and they'll end up driving 100 miles for a cafecito.

Haters are "frontier men". America ows its origin haters, always moving to the next frontier...but there are no frontiers anymore.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng. View Post
Haters are "frontier men". America ows its origin haters, always moving to the next frontier...but there are no frontiers anymore.
They still exist - Big Island Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, the Dakotas, etc.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:02 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
To all Mia haters/bashers...

Good relocation & good riddance...

Don't forget to comment on CDF,especially in January...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami