Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 AM

61 posts, read 285,992 times

Advertisements

Looking for the best restaurants and bars with views of the water, beach, lake etc...

Here the first. Does it qualify??

SCOTTY'S LANDING - Casual Waterfront Dining Miami, FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 10:32 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones123 View Post
Looking for the best restaurants and bars with views of the water, beach, lake etc...

Here the first. Does it qualify??

SCOTTY'S LANDING - Casual Waterfront Dining Miami, FL
I used to like Scotty's but after looking up their food safety inspection report awhile back, I stopped going. I was totally disappointed as its a really cool place. I would probably go with friends just for the environment, but wouldn't order anything. Which sucks ... I can get past some things on bad inspections. But somethings I just can't get past. I hate to say this about a really cool place.

Red Fish Grill is a suggestion for the list.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM

809 posts, read 2,316,336 times
www.barchettaristorante.

The menu is iffy. People either like it or think it's ok. I haven't read of heard anything awful about it. The restaurant is on the 79th street causeway, with a spectacular view of the bay. The interior is fancy and elegant, with a touch of tropical island, just what you expect to find in Miami. If anything, go for a drink and a few appetizers, and enjoy that amazing view!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Gymbuff - That looks like a great place, I will have to try it one time.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM

Default water view

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
www.barchettaristorante.

The menu is iffy. People either like it or think it's ok. I haven't read of heard anything awful about it. The restaurant is on the 79th street causeway, with a spectacular view of the bay. The interior is fancy and elegant, with a touch of tropical island, just what you expect to find in Miami. If anything, go for a drink and a few appetizers, and enjoy that amazing view!
Sorry folks..
www.barchettaristorante.com

Forgot the com

Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 AM

32 posts, read 132,608 times
Restaurant - I really love the views from the Rusty Pelican, but recently we had very bad service there. I don't know if it was a once off but we are still debating if we would go back.
The Rusty Pelican Restaurant - Miami, Florida

Bar/casual dining - Monty's.
Monty's Stone Crab & Seafood Restaurants

Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Is Charthouse in the grove still open? If so, that's another great place.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Take the drive out to the first Key. Technically I think you will still be within Miami's city limits. Look for a place called Alabama Jack's. it's a dive folks, chicken wings, fried calamari, beer, you get the picture. But talk about water view. You will be eating alongside a piece of what USED to be south Florida about the time the Brickells, Flagler, and Marjorie Stowman Douglas arrived.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:54 PM

21 posts, read 105,860 times
Yeah, Alabama Jacks is definitely not in Miami's city limits. You're talking about a 40 mile drive South of Miami's City limits.

It is a cool place though. Nothing "Miami" about it. Good smoked wahoo too

Old 03-15-2009, 02:25 AM

108 posts, read 415,971 times
In Bill Baggs Park, No Name Harbor has a poor restaurant with an interesting vibe. My boating pals sail there to hang. Never ate anything I liked, but a cold beer on a hot day in a nice park on a beautiful bay is always welcome.

As mentioned, Red Fish Grill is outstanding, beautiful, romantic, sexy, delicious, expensive, worthwhile. Never disappointed there in many years. This is in Matheson Hammock Park (noting a trend?) and you have to get past security to get access after dusk. Good parasailing near there and a cute wading pool/atoll for the kiddies if you so desire. Did I mention that the food is DELICIOUS? Best sea bass I've ever eaten...

Garcia's on the Miami river (North River Drive) is my hang. I go here all the time. Ceviche is often good, seldom great, occasionally foul, oysters are decent, whole grilled yellowtail rocks my sock off, good she crab soup, good lobster bisque, good...did I mention I go here alot? Its close to work, I know the folks...

Casablanca is next door to Garcia's and its more upscale and has paella and stuff but...I dunno. Its the Miami River, ya know? Casablanca aspires to something fancier, but that Keys/River Rat thing permeates the joint and it seems less authentic (to me, natch) than Garcia's, which is unabashed in in River aesthetic. Honestly, it sounds better than it is and I have never eaten anything here that made my heart sing (so I give 90% of da bidness to Garcia's and 10% to Casablanca...).

The restaurant on the back patio of the Eden Rock Resort is a typical tourist trap joint and yet...the food is pretty tasty! And the area is great. Good access to the beach, kid friendly, strong drinks...and thetuna salad Nicoise is terrific (avoid the typically yucky cocnut shrimp, though). I've gone and come and will return. Jes sayin...

There's a restaurant on the canal near 79th and Biscayne...near the strip joint there (Solid Gold? I dunno...not my scene...) that has good points. I've seen many manatees there, for one. At one point it was an Indian restaurant...no idea anymore...seems to change hands. The last time I went, it had had great paratha and bindi and curries and..

I was at Scotty's last night in the Grove. Its a typically Keys-oid joint with fried foods and grilled meats and stuff. We had fish dip and fried objects and beer last night. The beer was good...I like hanging here with friends to chat and like that the tourists can't find it and like the staff. Food is...eh...but the vibe is cool.

Alabama Jack's on Card Sound is likewise...only more bikers and fewer wharf rats. With Parrots.

Black Point Marina has GREAT food. Really. Order the specials...they rawk. Decent smoked fish dip (I love fish dip), but in a weird fried tortilla thing that bugs me. Live music. Good drinks. Canal and pond and crocs and gators and manatees and sharks and baracudas and Mount Trashmore South (the landfill). Clients are redneck boaters, but that's ok with me.

Azul. Well, yeah, this is great. Nice views of Brickell. Delcious and expensive food. Dig the draft sake, yo.

Big Fish Miami. Once a great place with orginal art and a funky river vibe, now a clubby, putting-on-airs, jerky place and niteclub. Loved it once, detest it now. Food is ok, service is horrid (food used to be great and service was like family). Again, jes sayin...

The restaurant in Sunny Isle Beach on the dock hanging over the ocean...forget its name. Wow, this one is strange. Like the Keys, but surrounded by condos. Some of the food is amazing and some is typical bar grub. The seafood stew is outstanding. Drinks are good. Service is friendly. On the beach and hanging over the ocean. I ride my bike here routinely...

Rusty Pelican on Virgina Key has a great view of the dowtown at night and decnt drinks, but the food and service is not all that for the price. Take outta towners here if they want "American" food. I eat here with guests a couple times a year if they are timid.

The Charthouse in the Grove is a bit mor eupscale than RP, but similar in some ways. Food is "typical American" and you have a view of Key Biscayne. Scotty's is next door if you want to "keep it real"...I only go here with guests and, then, only if they are atimid.

Lots of spots in the Keys...most are similar bar grub, fired stuff, but some with terrific menus. That should be anther theread, I reckon...

How dat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami