Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2023, 02:41 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times

Advertisements

Feel like the restaurants and roads are busier this August compared to last year. Seems like Miami is a year round city now. Definitely doesn't feel like we lost population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 03:05 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Feel like the restaurants and roads are busier this August compared to last year. Seems like Miami is a year round city now. Definitely doesn't feel like we lost population.
Must be that whopping 0.8% of the County moving

Old 08-07-2023, 03:19 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
I was just thinking this exact same thing.....we are absolutely packed down here....it's the start of lobster season....that always has to do with it....but this year it's exceptionally packed...and most people are not pulling a boat

Old 08-07-2023, 04:34 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
August is the start of the 2 month Miami Spice restaurant promotion. Hit or miss—choose wisely.

One other thing for certain—this is by far the hottest of the 7 summers I’ve experienced here.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:00 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
August is the start of the 2 month Miami Spice restaurant promotion. Hit or miss—choose wisely.

One other thing for certain—this is by far the hottest of the 7 summers I’ve experienced here.
The heat makes it extra spicy!

Old 08-10-2023, 03:19 PM

634 posts, read 405,143 times
My observations are mostly for Palm Beach County & Broward (I go to Miami-Dade regularly, but it was always like this IMO):

I said something very similar to this a few days ago. Traffic has always been an issue here in South Florida, but there were periods throughout the day of low/high traffic, but I no longer see this, I now see a very steady amount of traffic throughout the day with constant heavy periods from 3 - 6:30 pm M-F.

Also the best indicator to me (aside from home prices not falling) is that I and others I know are now no longer able to get convenient doctor/dentist appointments - they're now booked out for at least two weeks out. Drive-Thru at restaurants have lines wrapped around the building etc. The year round population boom has certainly not gone unnoticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: